New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington 1934 7x57
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My first time seeing one of these. As much as I like the 7mm I've just never been a fan of the remingtons. (except for the 720)

http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti....aspx?Item=169366813

Posts: 603 | Location: Louisiana USA | Registered: 24 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
I've never seen that varient before! Looks like a cross between an '03 and a 1917.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2272 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
That thing has been through the mill. That refinish didn't hide much.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
unless that is some sort of unique, one of a kind collectors rifle, that's a stupid price. I bought a NICE sporterized Winchester 1917 (not even drilled and tapped) in a nice sporter stock for $300 2 years ago. I got a nice barreled 1917 winchester sporterized (including cock on opening) action for $200 around the same time.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yea, I would think the price has more to do with rarity than condition or action type.

Posts: 603 | Location: Louisiana USA | Registered: 24 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As I recall (without looking it up) those were
made for Central America (Honduras ?).
There were not many made and they are rare.
As I recall they used the Mod 30 action.
It is probably worth a lot more as issued.
Good luck!

Posts: 1028 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Value is definitely based upon rarity, these are quite uncommon. The action is basically a commercial Rem 30 with various other military parts added.

SARCO imported the available examples of these rifles back in the late '60s-early '70s, I've forgotten their price but it was too high even back then. SARCO also offered another rifle put together from parts of 1903s & 1917s at about that same time, that one was a real mish-mash but this one is a genuine milsurp example and would fit in well with any Remington 30 collection.
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
okay, the type is very interesting.. this EXAMPLE, however, is NOT worth the money ... $250 would be about my interest level

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39714 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote