Find
Notify
Tools

Sako extractor on a MRC
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of obwhan
posted
I just want to know if you can mod a MRC with a Sako style extractor. and if there is a kit for it

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER: USNR (ADCS/AW/SW) I have wonderer at times what the TEN COMMAMDMENT'S would look like if Moses had run them through the US congress

Posts: 95 | Location: Whidbey Island Wa | Registered: 22 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I could be wrong but I thought all MRCs were controlled feed. Sako extractor and M-16 style extractors will work on some push feeds like a Remington. It only give you more surface area to grab the case head on extraction. It is only a small metal tab that is installed into a recess cut into the bolt head. A controlled feed grabs the back of the case when it gets picked up in the mag box and holds it throught the chmabering cycle until the exjector kicks it out. The controlled feed probably have as much if not more surface area than a Sako extracotr and attached to the entire lenght of the bolt. Maybe like this, controlled feed dual wheels on a truck, Sako extractor town and countrys. Same but way different.

one of us
posted Hide Post
He's gotta be kidding.

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
bewildered

HUH?!!?!

you are kidding, right? the "sako" extractor is to allow a pushfeed to have SOMETHING like a real extractor (ruger 77m1 excluded)

if you wanted, someone COULD decrease the value of your action by 70% by removing the extractor and weakening the system

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39661 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My trolldar was blinking but but not really going off. If he asked the question legit wanting to know someone should help. I really tried to be nice, and will be glad to help.

If it is a troll then someone should unstick him from the back window of the short bus, fix his little white helmet and get out of the way for the beating he is about to recieve.

One of Us
Picture of obwhan
posted Hide Post
Luckily I don’t KNOW every (**&^ing) thing. I have never owned a Sako and have not really looked at one much. I was just cereous. I am sorry to ask a question or offend anyone’s All seeing Knowledge

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER: USNR (ADCS/AW/SW) I have wonderer at times what the TEN COMMAMDMENT'S would look like if Moses had run them through the US congress

Posts: 95 | Location: Whidbey Island Wa | Registered: 22 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Luckily I don’t KNOW every (**&^ing) thing.

I think you caught several of them before coffee and sometimes we all ASSUME to much. Roll Eyes There is a lot of press about a Sako conversion. But as others have stated it is normally a way to increase the extractor size on a M700. The MRC is a CRF M70 copy with a couple minor changes.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote