New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stockmaking video
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sure thing. "Manufacturing company" would sound good in our advertising but it might be a little overstated. We've made around thirty actions over the last five years. I got to know Bill Richardson (my partner in the action business) while living out in AZ. We both did work for Granite Mountain Arms at the time. We decided there might be market for a similar action as the GMA but based on a pre-64 Winchester instead of a Mauser. As far as designing went, we didn't change much. The bridges are almost identical to the GMA while the rest of the receiver is almost the same as a pre-64. We offer different lengths but that's about the only difference.
quote:
Originally posted by lindy2:
As long as you are talking a bit about yourself I wonder if you would mention how it was that you got involved in a manufacturing company that makes rifle actions, and what part you had in designing that action.

Posts: 593 | Location: Weathersfield, VT | Registered: 22 January 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNR:
We've made around thirty actions over the last five years.

That is quite a undertaking!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That it has been! Far more time consuming than either one of us thought it would be but quite rewarding. The rifles I've built on the actions we produced have been something special.
quote:
Originally posted by Doug W:
quote:
Originally posted by MNR:
We've made around thirty actions over the last five years.

That is quite a undertaking!

Posts: 593 | Location: Weathersfield, VT | Registered: 22 January 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
We should do a podcast and tell your story...a 31 year old guy in as deep as you are is pretty cool... nice stuff...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Baxter! I am blessed to have the opportunity to make a living doing what I love, but I highly doubt that talking about it would be interesting enough for a podcast.
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
We should do a podcast and tell your story...a 31 year old guy in as deep as you are is pretty cool... nice stuff...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So, are your actions made "in house" or are parts sourced from various machining companies?

A video of that process would be super interesting.

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mostly in-house. The triggers and sears are outsourced to a wire EDM shop.
quote:
Originally posted by lindy2:
So, are your actions made "in house" or are parts sourced from various machining companies?

A video of that process would be super interesting.