Find
Notify
Tools

Bedding a rifle action...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Brando
posted
Im about to have another one of my rifles bedded at the local smith. He recently done my 308 with a glass bed job and it seemed to work really well.

But for this next bed job, pretty well will not cut it. So would I see better results out of aluminum block style bed job? Or should I consider another form?

Rifle is a 7mm Mag Sendero 700, and the bed job is my last piece of work before I make this rifle stretch its legs.

Posts: 468 | Location: Goldsboro, NC. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
If he done good with the .308 then he should know what's best for the Sendero. The Sendero usually comes with the HS Precision stock which would have the aluminum bedding block installed already. He can simply bed the action to this.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brando
posted Hide Post
10-4, That is what I was thinking but wasnt for sure on my thought process.

Posts: 468 | Location: Goldsboro, NC. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote