New
Find
Notify
Tools

Baby Browning
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Can anyone tell me how the sear spring is oriented in the Baby Browning .25? I received one completely torn down in a cartridge box. I knew when it came in that it would be a problem. Dagnabit!!
Exploded drawings of the gun haven't helped me. Not enough detail.

Bill Jacobs

NRA Endowment Member
US Army Veteran
CWP Holder
Gunsmith

Posts: 329 | Location: Greenwood, SC | Registered: 06 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
all the pics I found are bad.

found this

https://www.thehighroad.org/in...-sear-spring.629932/

Contrary to the diagrams there is only one place for that sear spring, notice that when you insert the safety lever, a small shaft seats into the opposite side of the frame. This shaft is also the pivot (anchoring) point of the sear spring.
The shaft of the safety lever has at its end a small shaft that fits into the smaller of the two spring loops.
The spring's position inside the grip has the small loop at the top,it's long arm pointing up and forward and the larger loop is below and it's shorter arm points up.
This spring has to be under tension in order to fit into it's place.
First you attach regular sewing thread to the longer arm of the spring with a clovehitch knot. Take the two threads and pull them together towards the lower loop. As you pull these two threads downward, the spring gets tensioned and you simply wedge the two threads into the lower loop. Miraculously, the loop squeezes the thread and holds them like a vice. Tension it no more than a gap of 1/4th inch between the two arms !
Now you can gently lay the spring into the frame, small loop up, prongs facing forward , introduce the safety lever into it's place from the left side and to pierce the spring's small loop ( you can see it from the right sight of the grip ) and seat it into the hole to fits in.
Remove the threads with small scissors and tweezers.
Putting the rest of the gun together is simple.

Posts: 6401 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Incredible! Thank you. I have spent the afternoon trying to get the thing together!

NRA Endowment Member
US Army Veteran
CWP Holder
Gunsmith

Posts: 329 | Location: Greenwood, SC | Registered: 06 February 2004Reply With Quote