New
Find
Notify
Tools
Is Satterlee Arms still in business?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Knowing may put my mind somewhat at ease...

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008
one of us
posted Hide Post
Did you try calling him? I am a proud owner of a Satterlee barreled action!

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
Did you try calling him? I am a proud owner of a Satterlee barreled action!

And I gather there are also a small number of proud owners of Empire and WFH rifles.
Clients of such had made communications, however, rarely if ever did they receive anything truthful.

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Did you try calling him?

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
You guys forget this is Trax you're talking to. He will not directly answer any question posed to him. Nor will he take any good advice.

It took my five seconds to find the web sight and a little longer to find the contact info.
When you are selling action at $3500 and up I think you can pick and choose your customers. maybe they don't want to talk to you Trax Big Grin

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can call him, or you can PM him, he posts (Tinman?) on AR from time to time as well.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in. --- Greek Proverb

Posts: 714 | Location: Sorexcuse, NY | Registered: 14 February 2002
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I do know. Thank you very much for asking.

Posts: 121 | Location: on the road | Registered: 01 October 2009
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kcstott:
It took my five seconds to find the web sight and a little longer to find the contact info.

Clients of WFH were also easily able to find their website & contact info, however that didnt help their cause.
They were told many mistruths along the way. They ended up not getting the product they payed for and loosing their monies as well.

quote:
When you are selling action at $3500 and up I think you can pick and choose your customers. maybe they don't want to talk to you Trax.

The issue here is not the customer, but the integrity of the business that accepted payment.
If one cant bring themselves to do the work they have been contracted to do,then one should just return the money they agreed to return.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TC1:
Did you try calling him?

Im learning that anything Stuart Satterlee says cant necessarily be relied apon as the truth.
So Im not really interest in being served me up another layer of BS.
- deception is deception, it makes no difference whether it comes in email,PM or voice over the phone.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trax:
quote:
Originally posted by TC1:
Did you try calling him?

Im learning that anything Stuart Satterlee says cant necessarily be relied apon as the truth.
So Im not really interest in being serve me up another layer of BS.
- deception is deception, it makes no difference whether it comes in email,PM or voice over the phone.

Dear Trax:

Okay, I am confused.

You wish to know if Stuart Satterlee is still in business, but you obviously don't want to do business with him, based upon your quotation above.

My advice: Then don't do business with him.

Sincerely,

Chris Bemis

Posts: 2594 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 30 July 2006
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only 'business' I've seen Trax engage in has been to try to stir the pot by posting various UNfounded insinuations and snide innuendos. He's a troll, an internet troll, nothing else.

I'll bet that he'll refuse to post any clear and verifiable details of his own encounters with anyone, anyone at all. He'd much rather post murky misspelled semi-accusations or, fairly frequently, photos of fine professionally-built rifles he'd like us to think belong to him(!?!?).

He's posted lots of photos and made lots of semi-accusations but I for one have not seen him EVER tell the truth in any clear and unequivocal manner. As far as I can tell from his posts and his non-posts, he owns no rifles at all.

I've dealt with Satterlee in the past, with good results. Actually he delivered my purchase a little sooner than he initially promised, how often do you see a smith do THAT?

I'd like to meet Trax face-to-face sometime.....heck, I'd just like to see a single photo of him holding just one of 'his' fine customs!
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

When you are selling action at $3500 and up I think you can pick and choose your customers. maybe they don't want to talk to you Trax Big Grin

I think you are suggesting--when you have a quality product, live up to delivery times, exceed expectations in general, etc...that it is possible to sell $3500 actions.

My estimation only, the market for 3,000+ actions is fairly small and reputation is critical for success....

Trax, do you have an order with Satterlee or just on a fishing expedition?

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got my 7X57 in Dec.Pics in Custom Rifles.

Posts: 877 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 03 June 2005
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J.D.Steele:
The only 'business' I've seen Trax engage in has been to try to stir the pot by posting various UNfounded insinuations and snide innuendos. He's a troll, an internet troll, nothing else.

What a fool like you presumes is of no value or significance.
Stuart Satterlee is free to come on this forum to refute my statements.

If history is anything to go by...
quote:
Originally posted by ForrestB:
I'll have a lot more confidence in a recommendation of someone who's actually received an action from Satterlee anytime in recent memory. MHC-TX has bent over backwards to accomodate Stuart's many delays. On the last Satterlee thread, they publicly agreed on a delivery date that has come and gone yet again. It seems the least we could do before sounding the "all's clear" call is see someone, anyone actually get the Satterlee action they paid for.

aint it funny how history seems to repeat itself.... archer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by J.D.Steele:

What a fool like you presumes is of no significance.
Stuart Satterlee is free to come on this forum to refute my statements.

Gosh!!! Is it 22WRF in drag>? Sounds just like him.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5506 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Kobe:

JimKobe,
you really are a certified fool and calling yourself an ACGG member cant hide that fact.

22WRF is well know for defending poor business practice operators like WFH, Blackburn and Satterlee, who have a reputation for non-delivery and/or no refunds for undelivered work orders....so considering my statements concerning Satterlee, why would anyone with a sensible logical mind presume Trax to be 22WRF?
There are some fine intelligent folk in the ACGG, however I would not include you on that list.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjs:
Trax, do you have an order with Satterlee or just on a fishing expedition?

I had a payed order,and patiently waited. Then,due to his inablity to fullfill that order in more than reasonable time, he then agreed to a full refund.
Now if someone does not fill an order as agreed - and does not refund as agreed-[over a more than reasonable extended period of time] and what ever they tell you along the way does not come to fruition/reveals itself to be untrue...
Its only natural to begin to suspect that they may no longer be operating a viable business.

as far as fishing goes, it so happens ive caught a couple of the usual AR jerkwater simpletons in kcstott,JD steele and Kobe.

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Trax,
How much money does Satterlee you?

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Kobe:

why would anyone with a sensible logical mind presume Trax to be 22WRF?

Because you sound just as smart as .22WRF

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

One of Us
posted Hide Post
kcSttot,

rather than spending your time posting nothing of any real value to the subject of the thread,
your probably better off spending more time in your jerkwater machineshop ensuring you dont end up with a repeatedly poor reputation like Satterlee.
Oh I nearly forgot, your not actually a gunsmith, dont have an FFL, and cannot receive a firearm in your shop for any work.

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
quote:
kcSttot,

rather than spending your time posting nothing of any real value to the subject of the thread,
your probably better off spending more time in your jerkwater machineshop ensuring you dont end up with a poor reputation like Satterlee.
Oh I nearly forgot, your not actually a gunsmith, dont have an FFL, and cannot receive a firearm in yourshop for any work.

Never claimed to be a Gunsmith Dip Dunk. I'm far better then the average Gunsmith. I'm a Tool Maker Big Grin

And as a matter of fact I can receive a firearm in my shop under certain limited conditions. But no I don't have an FFL and it's clearly stated on my site and it's also clearly stated that I don't pretend to be a Gunsmith.

Now as for My jerkwater machine shop. I may not own the best machines, I don't have new paint on my wizz bang HAAS machining center. Nor do I live in the best of neighborhoods. Each and every machine I own I earned with no ones help. No loan from Daddy. No second on my house. I paid for them in cash every one.

You know your buttons are too easy to find. You don't put up much of a fight. I make one little snide remark and you fly off the handle.

Man must be happy times at your place.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I really couldnt give a crap about you or your machine shop or who paid for it. Though its sounds like you feel like your a legend in your own lunchtime. If you feel insignificant and feel the need to tell the world how great you think you are, why no start a new thread?
So far your proving time and time again that you have nothing of value to contribute to the subject of this thread.
...not at all surprising, as its common for fools to persist in proving that they are just that.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trax you post photos like you have money to burn

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
enough

call him if you want
thread closed

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38612 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002