New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mag Mauser Receiver
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
There is a Magnum Mauser Receiver on the gunbroker site. What would a guy do about a bolt and why would someone sell a stripped receiver? Remember Mr. Kobe that I am a novice!

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most likely because he buys the complete actionand parts it out on Ebay. Then sells the receiver which he cannot sell on ebay on GunBroker.

This is the same action they use for the non-magnum calibers too. No difference. get a milsurp bolt, open the face, alter extractor, and weld on a new handle. Or, look for the bolt on Ebay. the bolts are usually sold stripped so it will end up costing about the same to just alter a milsurp and it will look better.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I have actually bought two of these actions, from this guy.

there is NO, zero, zip nada, measuable difference in the bottom of the metal than a 30-06 charles daly..

Nearly had to send them back, then finally decided I would just go ahead and "do" it.. figured it would make a little feeding easier.

he buys them, as is, from someone that bought a boat load of these from daly.

I honestly don't know WHY there's so many daly receivers in the country, without parts, but i have seen these at gun shows for several years.. and some barreled actions without bottoms tend to pop up with some frequency.

i kept the two i bought, as it wasn't worth the reship price to me.. however, should a guy be expecting some advantage over a 30-06 lenth action, he is getting no gain.

however, the seller is a heck of a nice guy, anyway.

this particular auction has nothing to do with other parts being sold on ebay, but stripping receivers for non firearms parts is a common practice
jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39665 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Same guy has bolts triggers and small parts listed on E-bay in a store "Uppa Creek Outfiters"

Les

Posts: 73 | Location: LaPorte,Texas | Registered: 03 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
It is much cheaper to buy a complete rifle. Mark X rifles are worth twice as much in pieces as they are complete.

OOOPPPPs I just let the cat out. sofa

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2095 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have bought receivers from this guy before and he is a nice guy to deal with. Wouldnt build a high dollar custom on these but I already had most of the parts so I bought a couple. Now I just got to do something with them.

A lesson in irony

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing this year the greatest amount of free Meals and Food Stamps ever, to 46 million people.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us... "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because "The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Thus ends today's lesson in irony.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Michigan but dreaming of my home in AK | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote