New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shooting bench plans
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone know where to find plans for a wood homemade shooting bench. I though that there were a set floating around the Net somewhere. Portable or two piece would be better, something I can get in and out of my truck by myself if I have to.

Posts: 346 | Location: Las Cruces, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2002Reply With Quote
<Sparticus>
posted
Jesse, there are couple of people that build them. You can find their add's in Precision shooting or accurate rifle. www.precisionshooting.com

<k wood>
posted
I've got plans for one that uses folding table legs. I got it off the internet, don't remember where. I don't know where they are at right now but I could dig them up if you're interested.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have an old (70's) book by Jim Carmichel that has plans for a real solid wood bench. I built one from these plans in the 70's and still use it today. If you wish I'll dig up the book assuming I can find it. As I recall there were plans for a concrete bench as well. I like the wood one as we can load it on a trailer and take it to the range or the gopher patch. Our range has only 1 bench so it's a PIA if there are more than 1 or 2 folks there at a time.Mark

Posts: 109 | Location: Sask.Ca | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When you start to build it be sure to measure the width of the doors it may pass through! look at this website for the National Reloading Manufacturers assc.

HTTP://www.reload-nmra.com/intro-reload.html

they have a picture of a nice bench here and I know they have the plans for building it.

------------------
Endeavor to Persevere

Posts: 281 | Location: MN | Registered: 27 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jesse Jaymes: Check your e-mail for plans.

------------------
JD

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Oldmodel70>
posted

one of us
posted Hide Post
JD,
Would you mind passing them on to me as well? Thanks.

------------------
Gerard Schultz
GS Custom Bullets

<Hutt>
posted
I got my plans from Rick Jamison of shooting Times.I modified it some what and used a solid core door along with 2' galvanized pipe for the tripod leg system.It is built stronger that it has to be.It is adaptable for left or right shooting.He used to advertize the plans in the above mentioned magazine for about $5.00