New
Find
Notify
Tools

need a custom part machined
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Im building the ultimate turkey shotgun. Its a bps10 with a 30"barrel barrel I have a custom .7000 choke and a .680 . Anyhow I love benellis steady grip but that's not a option. So I seen mesa tactical ar15 stock adapter so you can have the detached grip but on your shotgun. Its just a little metal adapter but here's why I need a machinist?/ gunsmith they don't make one for my particular shotgun. So if y'all can point me to someone who could make a ar15 stock tube adapter for my bps let me know . If I can get that done. Im thinking about for christmas buying me a eotech 552 for it

One of Us
posted Hide Post
kcstott

Posts: 528 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
Contact this company to see if they could make you an adapter. I would think they would be pretty practiced at doing it.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx...15-BUTTSTOCK-ADAPTER

Maybe even modify this one to fit. Shouldn't be too tough.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
you are looking for a high or low tube adaptor - which may not be commerically made for your shotty - i would have sent you to mesa, but you've already been there.

expect to be shocked by the shop charge

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39610 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I put a first generation Bushnell Eotech on my (former) 10 gauge Remington SPS. Depending on height and wind I could put either the inside or outside ring right on the goose's beak. It was more homicide than hunting.

For turkey hunting you might want to consider an Aim point, or other small fixed red dot.

You might be happier with the 26" Browning barrel from the standpoint of handling. The only advantage to the 30" tube is the longer sight radius, but using an Eotech or Aim point, etc. obviates the need for a longer barrel.

When you get the rest of the gun sorted out, I would likely be willing to lend you my 26" barrel and assortment of Briley extended chokes that my adopted dad left to me. You would be amazed at how much easier horsing that gun around will be.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lawndart:
I put a first generation Bushnell Eotech on my (former) 10 gauge Remington SPS. Depending on height and wind I could put either the inside or outside ring right on the goose's beak. It was more homicide than hunting.

For turkey hunting you might want to consider an Aim point, or other small fixed red dot.

You might be happier with the 26" Browning barrel from the standpoint of handling. The only advantage to the 30" tube is the longer sight radius, but using an Eotech or Aim point, etc. obviates the need for a longer barrel.

When you get the rest of the gun sorted out, I would likely be willing to lend you my 26" barrel and assortment of Briley extended chokes that my adopted dad left to me. You would be amazed at how much easier horsing that gun around will be.

lawndart

That is a very kind and generous gesture sir.
I like that and I hope it works out.
Wish I could be so sure of my Geese.jc

Posts: 1138 | Registered: 24 September 2011Reply With Quote