New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clip for a Dakota 22 LR...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Several years ago I had a Dakota 22 and found that a certain model of Marlin 22 rifle used the same clip. These clips were a fraction of Dakota's cost but over the years I forgotten the model number. When I called Dakota the person I spoke with was unfamiliar with this. Does someone remember...

Edward Lundberg

Posts: 343 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 13 July 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
no, this isn't nitpicking.. i assume you actually mean magazine, as i don't recall any dakota 22s made for a clip

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39598 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Call it a clip or call it a magazine but regardless the Dakota 22 rifles had a hinged floorplate that covered up a clip that was originally made for Marlin rifles. There are just too many Marlin 22 clips and I can't find any locally to compare.

Edward Lundberg

Posts: 343 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 13 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try getting online and look up "triple k magazines". They may have some good photos you could make comparisons with.

Posts: 3059 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 19 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
no, this isn't nitpicking.. i assume you actually mean magazine, as i don't recall any dakota 22s made for a clip

Yes it is nitpicking.

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Chuck,
seriously? this is nitpicking? NOT interchangeable terms

like some dork calling a shotgun a rifle... or" fully-semi-automatic"

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
well technically that clip is really a stripper shocker Big Grin Smilerbut that opens a whole new can of worms, or a type of magazine 2020 Whistling

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jeffeosso,

You are correct, and it is not nitpicking. The media get it wrong all the time. It is very annoying.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Chuck,
seriously? this is nitpicking? NOT interchangeable terms

like some dork calling a shotgun a rifle... or" fully-semi-automatic"

It is nitpicking when you know what he is talking about and correct him in front of everyone anyway.

Actually you're right. It isn't nitpicking, it's being an d*&$.

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Chuck
If presented the opportunity to discuss magazines with a news talking head - would you correct them in calling it a clip when they "meant" a mag? On tv? Of course you would. Go look up how Rockefeller got out of a law suit on south vs southern improvemt company.

Terms matter. Especially in firearms.

Would you let someone "go" for posting data in grams be grains? Just A LITTLE wrong.

As for me being a d^##. I've Ren called worse, today, before I made it to the freeway

476AR,

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Chuck
If presented the opportunity to discuss magazines with a news talking head - would you correct them in calling it a clip when they "meant" a mag? On tv? Of course you would. Go look up how Rockefeller got out of a law suit on south vs southern improvemt company.

Terms matter. Especially in firearms.

Would you let someone "go" for posting data in grams be grains? Just A LITTLE wrong.

As for me being a d^##. I've Ren called worse, today, before I made it to the freeway

Does the term "firearms expert" apply if your're interweb schooled?

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Clips and magazines are different things unless you work for Savage. They call magazines "clips" even in their advertisements.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Nelson:
Does the term "firearms expert" apply if your're interweb schooled?

i dunno chuck .. but you win.. the whole interwebs... you, sir, are obviously the expurt (sic) - clip vs mag aint expurt... its informed used ..

but, since you are infallible, and aren't willing to met in the middle... tada.. the whole interwebs is yourin .. enjoy

476AR,