Find
Notify
Tools
Heat treating
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Customsucks, little chuckie,

Once again you speak of things that are not fact.

1. I never questioned Duane Wiebe's gunmaking skills. Not once. I know he is one of the premier gunmakers in the country. All I did was as a question, as a customer and friend of Ted Blackburn's, regarding bottom metal. So what Duane has forgotten is of no relevance to your argument. And, as he proved to me, Duane can certainly take care of himself.

2. I admitted who I was. I stated why I did what I did. But once again, for you little chuckie: Kobe and I did not get along. I listed the action here on AR. He kept sending me pm's that he wanted to buy the action. In fact, he stated that he would "take it". Rather than make a big deal of it I sent my brother over to deliver the action. I drove there and waited. Kobe instead offered a very low price (not the asking price that he said he would take it for). My brother declined. Kobe then got pissed and claimed the action was in a fire. I then sold it to someone else for my asking price, and he was happy to get it. How many times do I have to repeat it? Everybody knows about it. I admitted it was probably not the best way to go about it. Its been done and gone almost three years now. Nobody else cares. Why are you so worried about it as I don't have any dealings with you anyway.

3. You used to be a pretty nice guy. But it is apparent to me, and to many with whom I have communicated here on AR, that you developed a pretty big chip on your shoulder when Forrest picked Duane Wiebe over you to make the Charity Rifle. Your EGO was badly bruised, and you have never been the same since. Consequently, to gain some recognition, you launch your tirades, hoping that somebody will post and agree with you. At worst you need phsychological help, and at best the image you portray to your potential clients here on AR is very unbusinessmanlike. Are potential clients going to want you to craft a stock for them when they see this sort of stuff? Maybe some will, but maybe some who are sitting on the fence might choose to go somewhere else. Moreover, what kind of an image are you portraying for the Custom Gunmaker's Guild. Would the Guild frown on their members portraying the image that they know how to use the word "fuck" on a public internet forum?

4. This doesn't belong here on the gunsmithing forum. I hope the moderators either close it or move it to the political forum.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gosh, the fire damage was more far reaching then just my action I see. Frowner
I'm sorry if I brought back or up bad feelings between some other members. It was never my intentions.

Joe

One of Us
Picture of Bent Fossdal
posted Hide Post
Sad.
Soon we'll hear who's got the strongest daddy.
This is now way to behave for gentlemen.

Bent Fossdal
Reiso
5685 Uggdal
Norway

Posts: 1707 | Location: Norway | Registered: 21 April 2005
One of Us
Picture of h2oboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bent Fossdal:
Sad.
Soon we'll hear who's got the strongest daddy.
This is now way to behave for gentlemen.

Well said Brent! This kind of pissing match is one of the reasons I do not post here very often! Maybe AR can start a new forum just for this!

Dirk Schimmel
D Schimmel LLC
Dirk@DoubleRifles.Us
1-307-257-9447

Double rifles make Africa safe enough for bolt guns!

Posts: 495 | Location: Gillette,Wyoming | Registered: 16 May 2007
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:

Once again you speak of things that are not fact.

1. I never questioned Duane Wiebe's gunmaking skills. Not once. I know he is one of the premier gunmakers in the country. All I did was as a question, as a customer and friend of Ted Blackburn's, regarding bottom metal. So what Duane has forgotten is of no relevance to your argument. And, as he proved to me, Duane can certainly take care of himself.

2. I admitted who I was. I stated why I did what I did. But once again, for you little chuckie: Kobe and I did not get along. I listed the action here on AR. He kept sending me pm's that he wanted to buy the action. In fact, he stated that he would "take it". Rather than make a big deal of it I sent my brother over to deliver the action. I drove there and waited. Kobe instead offered a very low price (not the asking price that he said he would take it for). My brother declined. Kobe then got pissed and claimed the action was in a fire. I then sold it to someone else for my asking price, and he was happy to get it. How many times do I have to repeat it? Everybody knows about it. I admitted it was probably not the best way to go about it. Its been done and gone almost three years now. Nobody else cares. Why are you so worried about it as I don't have any dealings with you anyway.

3. You used to be a pretty nice guy. But it is apparent to me, and to many with whom I have communicated here on AR, that you developed a pretty big chip on your shoulder when Forrest picked Duane Wiebe over you to make the Charity Rifle. Your EGO was badly bruised, and you have never been the same since. Consequently, to gain some recognition, you launch your tirades, hoping that somebody will post and agree with you. At worst you need phsychological help, and at best the image you portray to your potential clients here on AR is very unbusinessmanlike. Are potential clients going to want you to craft a stock for them when they see this sort of stuff? Maybe some will, but maybe some who are sitting on the fence might choose to go somewhere else. Moreover, what kind of an image are you portraying for the Custom Gunmaker's Guild. Would the Guild frown on their members portraying the image that they know how to use the word "fuck" on a public internet forum?

4. This doesn't belong here on the gunsmithing forum. I hope the moderators either close it or move it to the political forum.

Kevin once again you are 180 degrees off and so full of crap it’s running out your mouth. Chic has been one of my best friends since almost the day I met him and if anyone says his ego would be bruised because someone choose another gunsmith over him simply doesn't know the man.

You are right about one thing, Chic used to be a pretty nice guy. He still is an exceptionally nice guy. Also I have never known him to go back on his word, to lie or cheat or ever attempt to put anything over on anyone. The times I have seen him do something kind or nice for another person at effort to himself are too numerous to count. He has never been devious or attempted to pretend to be someone else. He has also never created alternate identities on the internet and pretended to be someone else.

You on the other hand............well let’s just say your own actions and words have created the impressions others have of you.

Howard
Moses Lake, Washington USA
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2339 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000
one of us
Picture of duikerman
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
oon we'll hear who's got the strongest daddy.

quote:
Kolostomy,

quote:
pissing match

quote:
Howard

It never fails. Fits together quite well I think!

Posts: 770 | Location: colorado | Registered: 11 August 2003
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Funny stuff. I just read it a laughed out loud. I seriously doubt Chic has ever been upset about not getting a stock job. Talking him into taking a job is pretty tough! Big Grin

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by duikerman:
quote:

quote:
oon we'll hear who's got the strongest daddy.

quote:
Kolostomy,

quote:
pissing match

quote:
Howard

It never fails. Fits together quite well I think!

Hi Kevin.

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com

one of us
Picture of duikerman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Howard

one of the few people to give justification to the Greg Heins of the world.

Posts: 770 | Location: colorado | Registered: 11 August 2003
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had to jump in here. Haven't I been noticieably silent here?

Didn't this guy just get warned about this very thing he propagates here?

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
I don't know Jim but he is a real P.O.S.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow! A wealth of info on M70 heat treating here!
It seems plain to me this action has been annealed by a professional (fireman) to make it easier to machine. After machining, it can be re-heat treated so it can warp all to hell. Good deal.
Great entertainment , guys. Regards, Bill

Posts: 3765 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Howard

I think it is a wonderful thing to come to the aid of a friend as you have done. It is highly commendable. I only wish that people would commend me for sticking up for my friends as much as I think its commendable that others stick up for their friends.

Can we define the word "propogates" as attempting, either explicitly or implicitly, to steer the conversation away from the true topic and towards a confrontation based on things such as personality, job status, race, creed, color, religion, etc.?
If so, lets take a look at this thread.

Who implicitly started the argument. None other than Mr. Kobe. He knows that everybody is aware of his accusation that I tried to sell him an action that was in a fire. And he also knows that if he mentions that, or implies it, he is going to get a reaction from me. And he also knows that once I post that reaction others are going to have an opinion and will voice that opinion.

Yes, I should not fall for Mr. Kobe's propogations. Not easy to do.

Moreover, I am not Duikerman. I am not personally acquainted with Duikerman. I am not a computer geek but I imagine it would be easy to show that his posts come from a differnt place than mine do. I only have one internet connection. I do not know how many Duikerman has. What upsets me is that people make an accussation without proof,and on a board such as this one accusations tend to take on a life of their own.

Now, can we get back to gun stuff? patriot

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:
Howard

I think it is a wonderful thing to come to the aid of a friend as you have done. It is highly commendable. I only wish that people would commend me for sticking up for my friends as much as I think its commendable that others stick up for their friends.

I defended Chic as the person he has proven himself to by. I did so without taking sides in the argument. Something to think about.

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Howard

"proven himself to be" is of course subjective and depends both on the proof and whom the proof was submitted to. I do not know Mr. Worthing, nor does he know me. Therefore neither one of us should probably be hurling insults at each other over the internet.

Regardless, as I posted, I think its commendable that he has proven his friendship to you and you to him.

Can we get back to "HEAT TREATING" winchester model 70 pre 64 actions? thumb

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I think this topic has run its course

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39598 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002