Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rechamber 7Mag to what?
 Login/Join

posted
Got a great deal of responses to my last post.. Actually did'nt get any at all... What can I have my 7RM rechambered to?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was going to respond to the first one, but I couldn't figure out what you wanted. I know you wanted to use the new Sendero barrel for something but seemed unsure if you should go with something with not too much recoil, or, something bigger and "badder". How does one answer that? If you are unhappy with the 7mm Rem Mag, then go with the STW. It is a good long range caliber, and compliments the 300 Win Mag. If you are concerned with recoil, fit it with a good recoil pad. If you want to drag it around the hills while hunting, pick a barrel with less weight.

Posts: 1374 | Registered: 06 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A Shilen barrel 26" long in another 7MM Mag.
I rebarreled mine with a Shilen and get 3060 fps with 175 Nosler Partitions and one hole accuracy @ 100 yards with five shots.

Good-Luck

Steve

Posts: 847 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skinner.
posted Hide Post
quote:
What can I have my 7RM rechambered to?

Have it rebarreled to .375 Ruger. Big Grin

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Lefforge:
A Shilen barrel 26" long in another 7MM Mag.
I rebarreled mine with a Shilen and get 3060 fps with 175 Nosler Partitions and one hole accuracy @ 100 yards with five shots.

Good-Luck

Steve

Steve,
you know shilen made EVERY factory rem sendero barrel? Got that from ed himself

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38527 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CORNERSTONE
posted Hide Post
CnP,

The Stw is a great choice. Had one and loved it (Sako 75) right up till i put a muzzle break on it for my uncle to take out west. They little extra recoil was easier to deal with then the sound.

Thanks,
ED

Posts: 148 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When the 7MM STW was introduced I rechambered several 7 MM Rem Mag Senderos to that cartridge.

Performance and accuracy was very good.

Another plus was they all fed good with no alterations at all.

Craftsman

Posts: 1536 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
What do you want to do with it?

You can go from 264 Win Mag up to a 416 Taylor pretty easily.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12556 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's an article on the STW's by Layne Simpson in the March/April issue of Rifle Shooter Rag. He "invented" the 7mmSTW and once again tells us all what a great round it is.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have 7mmRM with 26" that is so powerful and accurate, the next step up would have to be big, like 338LM, to make a difference.

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by malm:
I was going to respond to the first one, but I couldn't figure out what you wanted. I know you wanted to use the new Sendero barrel for something but seemed unsure if you should go with something with not too much recoil, or, something bigger and "badder". How does one answer that? If you are unhappy with the 7mm Rem Mag, then go with the STW. It is a good long range caliber, and compliments the 300 Win Mag. If you are concerned with recoil, fit it with a good recoil pad. If you want to drag it around the hills while hunting, pick a barrel with less weight.
If his was concerned about recoil,then why even offer any other big caliber. Anybody can offer a good recoil pad, Duh!

Posts: 442 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
9.3x62 Big Grin

http://www.tgsafari.co.za

"What doesn´t kill you makes you stranger!"

Posts: 2213 | Location: Finland | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeffeosso

That I didn't know, mine is a Model 700 BDL that I've had since I was fourteen. That Shilen barrel is a tack driver. Thanks for the heads up.

Steve

Posts: 847 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Got a great deal of responses to my last post.. Actually did'nt get any at all... What can I have my 7RM rechambered to?

Any cartridge that has the same rim diameter.
a short list, but not all inclusive

Any of the Win mags: 264, 300, 338
Any of the shorts mags? I believe 270, 7mm, 300, 325
Any of the Weatherby's
Any of the Norma mags 300, 358
Any H&H's 300 and 375

Any wildcats based off of the same rim diameter.

Now if you are asking my opinion as to what specific cartridge. 300 Win mag or 338 Win Mag

Posts: 2034 | Location: Black Mining Hills of Dakota | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SDhunter:
quote:

Any cartridge that has the same rim diameter.
a short list, but not all inclusive

Any of the Win mags: 264, 300, 338
Any of the shorts mags? I believe 270, 7mm, 300, 325
Any of the Weatherby's
Any of the Norma mags 300, 358
Any H&H's 300 and 375

Any wildcats based off of the same rim diameter.

Now if you are asking my opinion as to what specific cartridge. 300 Win mag or 338 Win Mag

This might be a stretch, but wouldn't it be a little tough to rechamber a 7mm Rem Mag to most of those you've listed? Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
This might be a stretch, but wouldn't it be a little tough to rechamber a 7mm Rem Mag to most of those you've listed?

Don't know exactly what he's asking?
Confused

rechamber only, rebarrel...
Rechamber would only be the 7mm Weatherby and STW correct?

Posts: 2034 | Location: Black Mining Hills of Dakota | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have a new Sendero 7 mag barrel and wanted to know what cartridge it could be rechambered for? Thanks for all the replies, sorry about my lack of info in the post. Recoil is of no concern. When I stated that. I meant go with something bigger that would be sighting in and hunting or go with something I could Shoot from a bench for fun. Thanks all. Malm, Cornerstone and Craftsman knew what I meant. Again sorry for the lack of info. Bottom line is I just have a hankering for another caliber and wanted to know if I could utilize this barrel.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CnP:
Bottom line is I just have a hankering for another caliber and wanted to know if I could utilize this barrel.

No, send it here and I will properly dispose of it. One round at a time! Big Grin