New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger #1 need a good smith
 Login/Join

<Kalispell>
posted
I posted earlier and rec. a name of a smith in S.C. and an e-amil address. I e-mailed him and no reply, not sure if it was a good e-mail, it was not returned by my service so it went somewhere.
Anyway would like some more names for working on a #1, I have the new stainless version and the barrel puts a glare into the scope that is like a light fog. Would like the barrel dulled down. Also, would like a new trigger,and hammer w/new spring installed. Not much but beyond my ability, and it will be huntin season before long.
Any replies are appreciated.

one of us
posted Hide Post
hi kalispell
try the guncote from brownells for coating your stainless barrell,(matt black/grey)it goes on at about two microns thick and once on will be almost impossible to remove with use.
hope this helps
Griff

Posts: 1179 | Location: scotland | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
<1LoneWolf>
posted
Answer Products in Michigan. 1 800 362 1857
They have a Ruger #1 Special Package. They do good work and are quick. Well, they get it back to you when they say.
1519 Westbury Drive, Davison MI 48423

------------------
Live Free! Madison, Jefferson and all the boys paid for it, and so did our very own fathers.

<Phil R>
posted
Answer Products did an accurizing job on a #1 .300 Weatherby for me a while back. No complaints...shoots great!

------------------
Phil- Life Member NRA & SCI