The Accurate Reloading Forums
Ruger #1 need a good smith

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9411043/m/73510793

25 April 2001, 12:34
<Kalispell>
Ruger #1 need a good smith
I posted earlier and rec. a name of a smith in S.C. and an e-amil address. I e-mailed him and no reply, not sure if it was a good e-mail, it was not returned by my service so it went somewhere.
Anyway would like some more names for working on a #1, I have the new stainless version and the barrel puts a glare into the scope that is like a light fog. Would like the barrel dulled down. Also, would like a new trigger,and hammer w/new spring installed. Not much but beyond my ability, and it will be huntin season before long.
Any replies are appreciated.
26 April 2001, 07:39
griff
hi kalispell
try the guncote from brownells for coating your stainless barrell,(matt black/grey)it goes on at about two microns thick and once on will be almost impossible to remove with use.
hope this helps
Griff
26 April 2001, 09:13
<1LoneWolf>
Answer Products in Michigan. 1 800 362 1857
They have a Ruger #1 Special Package. They do good work and are quick. Well, they get it back to you when they say.
1519 Westbury Drive, Davison MI 48423

------------------
Live Free! Madison, Jefferson and all the boys paid for it, and so did our very own fathers.

26 April 2001, 15:40
<Phil R>
Answer Products did an accurizing job on a #1 .300 Weatherby for me a while back. No complaints...shoots great!

------------------
Phil- Life Member NRA & SCI