New
Find
Notify
Tools

7 mag to 375 Ruger
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Will the magazine of a 7MM Mag work for the 375 Ruger.
Case length of the 375 is 2.568, 7MAg is 2.500
Rim diameter of the 375 is 5.32 same as the 7 MM
Base of the cases are the same also.
Case diameter at the shoulder of the 375 is .510 the 7 mag is .490

I haven't been able to find OAL of the loaded 375 Ruger cartridge. From what I have read it will fit a '06 sized action so surely it will fit the 7mm mag for OAL.

I know we have some very knowledgeable guys here. With the dimensions given can you for see any problems rebarreling a 7mm mag to 375 Ruger?
Perhaps the follower or lips on the magazine or?

Would this be just a rebarrel or am I in left field here? Is more information needed?

Always wanted a 375 H&H, I don't need one so have never bought one, just one of those things I have wanted since I was a kid reading about hunting dangerous game. Unless I hit the lotto I will never go to Africa. but I would like a 375 anyway.

I posted this on another site and didn't get but one response. He suggested that the stock I have factory BDL LH might not handle the recoil. Can I add enough strength to the 7 Mag stock? I had not thought of that and the recoil will be at least 75% more I think.

Posts: 55 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
It wouldn't need many changes if any. The BDL handles the RUM. You could go 375H&H if you wanted.

As to the stock. Glass Bed it real well. You could always put a cross pin or put an internal pin around the recoil area. Simple slot with a screw bedded in.

Did they make a LH 375H&H?

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote