New
Find
Notify
Tools

1910 mex worthage?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Whats a complete, unaltered, 1910 mexican mauser action market value in US green backs?

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You say unaltered. But what condition is it in? That is a key thing. Every once in awhile I will see a 1936 Mexican for sale and those seem to go for a bit more than the 1910 due to that Springfield like bolt.

Jeffe, our moderator, has had many Mexican Actions. He will be the guy to tell you what they are worth. But I would guess somewhere around $300 in good useable condition. Maybe a bit more for one in fine condition.

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
I found a really clean one about 2 years ago for $500. The only problem is it was a complete rifle. After the barrel, bottom metal and stock were ebayed I had just a little over $300 in the action. If you've found a really nice one I wouldn't worry too much if I had to pay a premium for it. By the time you pay for all the work to make it a nice rifle the extra $100-$150 won't seem like a big deal at all.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
depending on condition, a 1910 is worth 150-250 to me... as a doner... but it must be complete

the 1936, complete, to me, add 50 bucks

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39598 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I found a cut up bubba sporter 1910 mex at a local shop. Cut up military stock. The action itself looks good, complete and unmolested.

What caliber were Mexican originaly? This the shop says its a 30-06 . Hmmm,,, has a stepped military barrel on it.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GSP

They were 7 x 57

one of us
posted Hide Post
Im sure a Mex is a small shank barrel, Im wondering what military barrel is a small shank 30-06.

Maybe a spanish 308 barrel rechambered installed on this thing?

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
A sound, unpitted 1910 Mex action is worth about $150-$200, the ones with Springfield cocking pieces perhaps a bit more (like Jeffe & 22WRF said). The key is unpitted, many are, especially below the wood line.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
the 26 was a 30-06, and not the cute little small ring actions

476AR,

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeff , whats a 26? 1926 mex? What length is it? small shank or large?

Do these Mexicans have crests on the front ring?

How would you identify a 1910 from a 1936 from a 26? Any year stamps on the thing? Which one had the ilongated vent hole on the left side of the front ring like a spanish 95?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeffe means the 1954 Mex was in 30-06. It also had the cocking knob and 2piece firing pin like the Springfield.

The 1936 has the elongated hole on the left side of the reciever.

I have 1910's, a 1936, and a 1924. I don't have a 1954. I've never even seen one in person.

Rojelio

Posts: 495 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
You guy's can find clean ones for $150-$200? I wish you'll would fill me in where to get these. I never seem to have as much luck.

Here is the one I paid alittle over $300 for before it had the magic put to it.
]

One thing that hasn't been mentioned, I've been told when you buy one of these to inspect the bolt head for pits also as they shot a lot of corrosive ammo out of them.

Terry

one of us
posted Hide Post
TC1 , the other posters said the 36 had the firein pin knob like yours, and also that the 36 had the long vent hole slot on the left side. Yours doesnt have that vent hole slot.

So what is yours a 1910 with a '36 bolt or fireing pin?

What about a crest on the front ring? do they all have a crest? Why would Mex have the crest ground off. Was crest removal by arsinals common for some reason other than some bubba with a file?

Thanks for shareing the photo.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I did mean the 24, rather than 26... which is klunky-ugly ...

jeffe

476AR,

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeff , bewildered Huh! 26,24 ya sure? ya mean 54? Huh Big Grin Big Grin what!

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
GSP,
meant 24 -- ever remember the model designation on a car you hated? (though I have) I don't like the 24s... don't much care for the 54s...

to me (and most folks when a person says "mexican mauser" ) it's the 1910 or the 1936... the rest just are anything but fair mausers

why do people like them?
SMALL ring SMALL thread mauser 98...

sort of like a 5'2 98# 25year old redheaded lady with freckels ... too cure for myown good!!

jeffe

476AR,

one of us
posted Hide Post
The 1924 was chambered in 7x57 and made by FN in Belgium for Mexico.

It is the standard FN24 which is an intermediate length large ring.

Rojelio

Posts: 495 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GSP7:
TC1 , the other posters said the 36 had the firein pin knob like yours, and also that the 36 had the long vent hole slot on the left side. Yours doesnt have that vent hole slot.

So what is yours a 1910 with a '36 bolt or fireing pin?

What about a crest on the front ring? do they all have a crest? Why would Mex have the crest ground off. Was crest removal by arsinals common for some reason other than some bubba with a file?

Thanks for shareing the photo.

The 1936 has two features I really don't like and one that's very cool Cool The 1936 has an oval hole in the receiver on the left side that falls right on the wood line and the thumb cut also goes below the wood line. I really don't like either feature, but it does have that ever so nice cocking piece. The one pictured above is a 1910 with a 1936 cocking piece added (best of both worlds.)

Most I have seen still have the crest

Terry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys, I am sure you remember me saying the same thing but what really blows me away is the meteoric rise of the cost of these Mexican Mausers, 1910 and 1936 models. I was buying them approximately 8 or 9 years ago at $40 and $38 if it was a complete rifle. At that time DWM Argentines 09 were $100 to $120. I bought a number of 1910 and dearly wish I had bought more. If do really enjoy these actions. I have 3 of them barreled up and acquired another on AR in a recent trade.

Hate to hijack this thread but what is the current value of the Argentine 09 with bottom metal in good shape, no pits etc?

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've seen "collector grade" '09 Argentines advertised for $450 and up.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chic , there was 3 09 argentine complete rifles at a local gun shop for $225 each about 6 months ago . they sold. Bolt faces were pitted so I passed , maybe I should have got one.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was referrng to actons only with bottom metal and not complete rifles. Are they in the same range now as the 1910's? You would think I would know, but I dont get out much like my friend Jimmy. It has been so long since I was at a gun show I hardly know what they look like.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Most of the clean 1909's I've found lately go for around $250 and up. I sold a 1909 hinged triggerguard recently for $150.

Terry