New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cell Phone guns?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Did anyone else see the video clip of an email being circulated showing a cell phone gun? I have the clip, just dont know how to post here.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
Someone here at work told me about it but I've yet to see it. I'm not sure what to think of it. Is it a gun that's in production? Nate

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It looks like a .22 that someone would use to sneak on a plane or somewhere else not permitted. If anyone can post the clip send me an email and I will forward it to you.
If no one posts it and you want to see it, drop me an email.
snowwolfe@gci.net

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
there used to be a zippo gun, a pager gun, and a pen gun... even a knife gun

wonder if it fires when you dial 911?

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Disguised guns are classed as "Any Other Weapon" in the United States IIRC, and controlled like short-barreled rifles, silencers, full-auto, etc. There was a scare segment a few years ago on some TV "news" show about Eastern European and Western Asian thugs smuggling cell phone guns into Western Europe and North America. I doubt the problem, if it existed, was anything like as widespread as the breathless talking heads made it sound.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Neat piece, had some hands on a few years back... But, Batfe will not allow US importation.
I was looking forward to add one to the collection, that and an SS belt buckle gun...

Big holes bleed more!

one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
Snowwolfe sent me the clip and I got to say it would be easy to overlook one of these if you didn't know about them.Imagine a search situation where you've missed one of these. I helped do searches with the Coasties while in the Navy and it's scary to think what could have gone wrong sometimes.
Kind-of a neat idea as a last chance type weapon but it may be too hard to deploy with good results. Then again, in the wrong hands, desperate criminals rarely consider colateral damage. Nate

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:

wonder if it fires when you dial 911?

jeffe

I think you dial 1911

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah this internet legend has been around for quite a while -- 2002 at least... They are real though...