New
Find
Notify
Tools

91 mauser trigger
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Timney sportsman trigger for M91 S that I got in a box of parts I bought. I dont have a 91 so I dont know how the trigger attaches. I dont see any obvious way it would go on. There are two small screws in a capsul, that may or may not go with the trigger, but was in the wrapper. I'm puzzled, so any info would be great. Nothing I'm going to use, but nice to understand the thing anyway!

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Well it depends
One you have a newish manufacture (Within the last twenty years) Timney trigger that is actually for the 93-95 and Swed 96 Mausers and is a variation of their 95 trigger the difference being the the 91 trigger fits military unmodified trigger guards the other fits sporterized versions or custom stocked rifles.
Two is you actually do have a Timney trigger for a 91 Argentine mauser which they did make a very small run of some twenty five or more years ago.
If thats the case I HAVE CASH. PM me please

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stamped on the side is, M91 S
I'll send you a PM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If originally made for a 91, the trigger's body should have 2 projecting arms at its front with a cross-pin hole in both, and a front-to-back hole for the large tension spring.

PLEASE sell it to KC, apparently he's about to have a duck!
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Damn straight Joe I'm pulling my hair out trying to get something to fit. I'm about ready to just rip apart a 98 sportsman and machine it to fit. And if i have to weld on it I'll be doing that too. I've just about got everything I need to complete this build but what good is all this work with a crap trigger

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Timney 91 trigger as well, unmarked, with two # 4 flat head attachment screws.

Over the years the instructions have been miss placed, but I recall they saying you have to drill and counter bore the tang for the two screws, and then drill and tap the trigger housing.

Dad repacked it in a timney blister pack in Feb 1994, according to the price sticker code.

James Wisner

Posts: 1484 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That sounds like what I have here, no instructions were with this one either.

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
That would make sense too. knowing the odd ball way the trigger on a 91 fits.
Looks like I scored a winner.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Well I got the trigger today and it's the one.
Just need to do some work to the receiver to fit it.

Thanks Again Tony I owe you one

I'll post pics when it's mounted. That will be in the 1891 mauser update thread

www.KLStottlemyer.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you can, take a picture of how that oddball trigger does fit in there. you are most welcome,just happy it went to the last man who needed a 91 trigger out there. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:
If you can, take a picture of how that oddball trigger does fit in there. you are most welcome,just happy it went to the last man who needed a 91 trigger out there. Wink

Well now that kc has it, I must now be the last man who needs one.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Yeah but with this one I can come up with a way to modify an existing Timney so this doesn't happen again.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
I'm going to order a replacement for my 98 and see if it is as simple a machining off the trigger pin boss and the set screw ear. It looks like it might fit that way.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigster:
quote:

Then I'll be the next in line... Wink

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
post a pic, please

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1 Shot Hunter:
quote:
Originally posted by craigster:
quote:

Then I'll be the next in line... Wink

The only reason KC got it is 'cause he was quicker on the keyboard than I was.
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Joe it was just a matter of timing. That's all nothing else.

Now for the Pics

Please go to the following link
http://s567.photobucket.com/al.../ss116/kcstott/Shop/

You'll see how the trigger is mounted and the way it fits with the trigger guard.

For those that can find another one of these gems the Hole spacing is .312 and the first hole is 1.125" from the sear when at rest. second hole is .312 closer to sear. You'll also have to open up the hole in the trigger guard for the housing to fit

Can someone look at the top of a 98 trigger from Timney and tell me if it is solid under the ears?

If so You could take the trigger apart. (not hard at all) machine or file off the ears on the top, cut off the boss for the set screw, and mount just as I did if the trigger housing falls below the trigger guard opening you can cut this back as well up to where the creep adjustment screw is located.
I really think this is nothing more then a modified 98 housing

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
nice work and pics

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jeff
I'll be Glass bedding the action this weekend and after that starting the fill coats on the stock. Should be ready to shot in a few months.

Gotta find some glass for this guy too

www.KLStottlemyer.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kcstott:
Joe it was just a matter of timing. That's all nothing else.

Now for the Pics

Please go to the following link
http://s567.photobucket.com/al.../ss116/kcstott/Shop/

You'll see how the trigger is mounted and the way it fits with the trigger guard.

For those that can find another one of these gems the Hole spacing is .312 and the first hole is 1.125" from the sear when at rest. second hole is .312 closer to sear. You'll also have to open up the hole in the trigger guard for the housing to fit

Can someone look at the top of a 98 trigger from Timney and tell me if it is solid under the ears?

If so You could take the trigger apart. (not hard at all) machine or file off the ears on the top, cut off the boss for the set screw, and mount just as I did if the trigger housing falls below the trigger guard opening you can cut this back as well up to where the creep adjustment screw is located.
I really think this is nothing more then a modified 98 housing

I checked Brownells site and they all have a solid top. The Featherweight might even work better. Bold triggers have a solid top too.

Posts: 3788 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
well that means that a 98 trigger trimed down in the proper spots should work.

You guys with 91's let me know if this is something you'd be interested in. I can machine a bunch and sell for the list price.

I'll need to prove one out first of course

www.KLStottlemyer.com