New
Find
Notify
Tools

Williams Firearms....
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Since the M70 is being discontinued the timing for a new action couldn't be better..

Where are you ???

PB

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I figure that Matt and the guys at Montana Rifle Co. have a golden opportunity here.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12711 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
The problem is that USRAC is probably Williams largest customer and was providing the cashflow that financed their pipedream of building a new action.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You may be right, Forrest.. However, there are any number of widgets that a top shelf CNC shop can make at profit to subsidize another product. And they are just about to get behind on this opportunity as there are several independents making Remington type actions with superior tolerances. It's just a matter of time before one or more of these shops produce a m70 type of action.

one of us
posted Hide Post
As to william's I am not impressed with them at all. I have e-mailed them several times concerning a SS floorplate and have never heard back. Maybe the sale of one floorplate is not important enough for a return e-mail Confused

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmyd223:
As to william's I am not impressed with them at all. I have e-mailed them several times concerning a SS floorplate and have never heard back. Maybe the sale of one floorplate is not important enough for a return e-mail Confused

I apologize if you haven't received an email regarding your question, but we've been suffering problems with our mail servers for the last 3 weeks. I've been trying to switch webhosting services, but I've been getting nothing but the runaround for weeks.

I'd be more than happy to answer any questions that you might have and will look for your email if you can provide me with the your email address in a pm.

So far, in the last few days, our email has been working, so if you'd like to send another one over to me, feel free and I'll respond promptly.

Your order is just as important as anyone else's. It doesn't matter if our customers order 1 or 20, they get answered in the order that they are received.

I have also been sick with the flu all last week, so that may have had something to do with it too.

Again, I apologize and would like to get your problem remedied as soon as possible.

Williams Machine Works

Posts: 1021 | Location: Prineville, OR 97754 | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
As to the whole Winchester is through theory........don't believe all you read.

A company that is going under doesn't order hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of parts the next day.

It makes for a great rumor mill and will likely drive sales, but for them to go belly up would be nearly unheard of.
There's enough high-rollers out there that wouldn't allow such a thing to happen.

They are crippled by their union workforce, just as nearly every company is in the same situation. Workers getting paid more than their worth, doing less work. I've been to the facility on numerous occasions, the latest in December of last year, and I can assure you....nothing has changed. A lot of people standing around getting paid and not working.....typical union.

Get rid of the union and you'll see a prosperous company. If you can't acheive that, it's a dead-end deal for the consumer from here on, as it has been for very long time.

They'll continue to muddle through, but any hopes of a better product, with attention to detail and craftsmanship should be left to the custom gun builders. No one that works there hunts, shoots, or really knows anything about guns....They are business people only. Their heart is not in it as it is for people who make a living building custom rifles for the discriminating shooters.

Williams Machine Works

Posts: 1021 | Location: Prineville, OR 97754 | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
I figure that Matt and the guys at Montana Rifle Co. have a golden opportunity here.

Maybe CZ too if they came up with more than the USA models and their other silly bent butt rifles.

Posts: 986 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: 22 January 2005Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by lawndart:
Please tell me you have Tourette's syndrome.

LD

Fantastic animal animal animal

"The MBA blues" article published in rifleshooter few years ago was very interesting.

Cheers
/JOHAN

one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Who'd a thought Wyoming was union territory? Goat Roper's Local 201?

Of course, here in Texas we have the Tamale Wrapper's Local so I shouldn't talk....

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
quote:
here in Texas we have the Tamale Wrapper's Local

rotflmo

Too fricking true!

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
Is it my eyeballs or are there "all of a sudden" some posts missing from this thread? Confused

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, I think that you are right. I was looking for followup and the posts are gone.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill, you are right, I am surprised but not upset by it. I started to write a big reply to it last night, looked at previous posts by same person and said "why bother".

I came back though to see if anybody did respond.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, I believe it was a post by RMK or whatever his name is from Wyoming. He has never posted anything of value or interest here and this one was such black hole of negative intelligence it would a would suck the gray matter out of your skull.

BTW, tried to call you, I wont' be at Reno this year for a variety of reasons. Tried to call but you must be taking your nap. Smiler

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chic, I heard that the trip you and your step-child had planned went south. Sorry to hear that but it probably saved you about 11 hours of having to put up with his whinnin.

As to RMK, not even woth replying Mad

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

The post was moved. Not because of the viewpoint, but because of the inappropriate language used.

RMK if you happen to read this, I didn't move your post but I often read the forums with my 10 year old son sitting on my lap, so if I had seen it first there is a good chance I would have moved it myself even though this is not my forum to moderate.

If you feel the need to express yourself in a manner not appropriate for children, please confine it to the political forum.

Don't feel like I'm picking on you, there are a few other posters that should follow this advice as well!

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark if your going to clean up his filth you'd best eliminate some of these avatar's as well. Unless you like exposing your son to that crap.

Chuck

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The post was moved. Not because of the viewpoint, but because of the inappropriate language used.

Mark,

There is another in gunsmithing forum equally foul.

Posts: 1486 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 28 May 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Nelson:
Mark if your going to clean up his filth you'd best eliminate some of these avatar's as well. Unless you like exposing your son to that crap.

Chuck

Chuck,
I am the gunsmithing moderator. RMK was far over the line. If you question that, I can send you excerps from them. Please don't have your family around when you open/read them.. IF they will make it through most internet email filters for content.

jumpingTo a pita, your avatar is wickedly nasty jumping

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is a hunting site. I come here to view hunting/gun related issues. I also expect to view this stuff around family and friends. I nor them expect the smut that is prevelent here on some of these avatars.

I'm also aware of the crap that flows from RMK so don't need a review.

As to your comments re my Avatar in comparison to others. Not ammused............

Chuck

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Nelson:
This is a hunting site. I come here to view hunting/gun related issues. I also expect to view this stuff around family and friends. I nor them expect the smut that is prevelent here on some of these avatars.

I'm also aware of the crap that flows from RMK so don't need a review.

As to your comments re my Avatar in comparison to others. Not ammused............

Chuck

Chuck, sorry you aren't amused, even though that could be considered a reality check... and yes, some avatars are edgey... and anything "more" than what you can see in the sports illustrated swimsuit issue is asked to be corrected.

If you have a problem with a specific avatar, please PM that to me and we'll talk.

fair?

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote