Find
Notify
Tools

Extended floorplate release for Mauser?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted
Gentlemen, any experience of this extended floorplate release for Mauser from Brownells?

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.as...E+RELEASE+FOR+MAUSER

Regards,
Martin

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of olcrip
posted Hide Post
I tried one on my son's Mauser many years ago. I was not too thrilled with it but it did function as described. I guess you can't disparage about that.

Olcrip,
Nuclear Grade UBC Ret.
NRA Life Member, December 2009

Politicians should wear Nascar Driver's jump suites so we can tell who their corporate sponsers are!

Posts: 1800 | Location: River City, USA. East of the Mississippi | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
works, aint very pretty.. i have it on a gun... beats using a bullet in teh field.. still is cumbersome

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i made one like that once. i didn't care for it either and never used another. a 98 can be safely unloaded by cycling thru and NOT rotating the bolt. just cycle the bolt front to back. unless a 98's bolt handle is down it's impossible for the firing pin to contact the primer. they don't need hinged or removeable floor plates.

roger

One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
It was the standard release for years on the FN actions. If the floorplate isn't hinged I always hated to remove it in the field. You then had the floorplate follower and spring and no place to put them.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bought 2 for M96's, one worked the other didn't.

Posts: 1692 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot for your replies! thumb beer

Seems to work, most of the time, but not practical... I think perhaps I better look for new bottom metal with a hinged floorplate. Numrich has one, I think it can be orderd from Sweden.

Regards,
Martin

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My old FN in .338-06 has one like that. I don't like the looks of it, but they actually work OK.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of STINGER
posted Hide Post
they work. on a cold day they are not too pleasureable to use. one suggestion, put in a weaker spring,i did. it's almost impossible to accidently release it.

didn't really like mine so i went to the button hinge release floor plates,works better and adds a custom look.

PLEASE EXCUSE CAPS, HANDICAPPED TYPIST.

"THE" THREAD KILLER

IT'S OK......I'VE STARTED UP MY MEDS AGAIN. THEY SHOULD TAKE EFFECT IN ABOUT A WEEK. (STACI-2006)

HAPPY TRAILS

HANDLOADS ARE LIKE UNDERWEAR....BE CAREFUL WHO YOU SWAP WITH.

BILL

Posts: 479 | Location: MINOT, NORTH DAKOTA | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one of those.
It is 10 times better than the original. That means it is still a pain, just 10x less pain.

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote