Find
Notify
Tools

German book on actions - title?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi All,
I remember seeing a post a few years back on a German book on action geometries. My daughter just happens to be studying in Germany this year so wanted to see if she could round up a copy for me.

Anyone have any info on this book - title, publisher, where I might find one, etc.? I thought I had saved a link to it but have come up empty handed.

Thanks again,
Jeff Pfeifer

Posts: 330 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I see alot of views on this but only one PM.

Not sure what more I can add to this admittedly ambiguous description. I remember geometrical drawings of various actions with angles and formulas / calculations and it was a pretty expensive book. Was definitely a buchsenmachermeister's / gunsmith's book. Hoping that when our continental folks are online one of them might know. Thought I'd try and find a copy before they crystallize into gold - like Alexander Gray's The Hammerless Double Rifle Wink

Shot an email to the German Gun Collector's Assoc in the meantime as PM recommended.

Thanks again - Jeff P

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It sounds like you are looking for "JAGD-WAFFEN-
KUNDE" by Willi Berthold. It is copyrighted by
VEB Verlag Technik, Berlin, 1969.
Best wishes in your search.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The same type of information, for bolt actions only, is available in Stuart Otteson's THE BOLT ACTIONS, vol. 1&2.

Posts: 1689 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tommyhawk and Rob! I will look for that title then and see what we can find. I do have Otteson's books too.

Do you know what action types are covered in the Berthold book? Was thinking that the side x side actions were in there but wondering what else since I've never had a copy of this book in hand to look over...

Also wondering if there is an ISBN number on this book?

Thanks,
Jeff P

one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like Klups wrote a book last year with that same name Jagdwaffenkunde - ISBN 978-3-440-11073-7... Suspect it is not a rerelease but don't know for sure...
I will keep looking...
Jeff P
Jagdwaffenkunde

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well I think I found it... was Barthold with an "a" in this case... Is this it? 1979 & 1988 dates were also found.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's it. Sorry about the spelling. 'Barthold'
Excellent technical book on sxs, o-u, and combination guns. German text.