Find
Notify
Tools

Re: SFS Modification for Hi-Powers & 1911s
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted
Well 308Sako, maybe I should warn you that Rusty is probably a generation ahead of you or so (much like myself). I shot a partial IDPA match yesterday which was called due to thunderstorms and he seemed pretty adept at handling a pistol for an old guy with a bad back .

Posts: 1242 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Well Browninguy, From what I can see of Rusty's picture we could be twins! Even my bride calls me a geezer. No offense taken or meant hee: I think the point I tried to make here is that a simple mechinism whose workings are fully understood and operated by an experienced individual would be superior to a "Rube Goldberg" affair of latches and catches, levers and buttons made to go bang. And yes, I missed the spelling class also...

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
308sako,
I appreciate your reverence for John Browning's design. It is a wonderful tool.

As far as the SFS system, it's purely a personal choice. For me it allows me to ready the pistol a bit faster than the original browning safety.
Just my opine.

Oh I resemble the old geezer remark!

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I carried my 1911 and Browning HP cocked and locked for some 20 plus years of Govt. service, never had much use for a unloaded pistol..It worked well for me for all thoes years..

This new system sounds like a very usuable and well thought out way to go, I am very interrested in it...

Posts: 41950 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote