New
Find
Notify
Tools

A3 O3 ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I find myself in an odd spot ( It's been known to happen on more than one occasion ) I have a Complete in cosmoline A3-O3 every part less the Receiver !. Not so complete Huh !.

Does anyone know where to get a Bone stock Military A3 O3 Receiver ?.

I purchased this off a widower and she thinks ? one of her Boys may have used the " Chunk of Metal " ! for a fishing weight or some non sense .

Everything else is Brand New original GI issued packed in cosmoline the stock has several hand guards with it and it's got proof marks of acceptance in the stock .

Anybody been around long enough to remember if one could buy an unassembled surplus Rifle back in the Early too mid 50's ?.

So I'm in need of a receiver and what are the worth now days .Many thanks as always to those who reply .

Shoot Straight Know Your Target . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
www.sarcoinc.com

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39621 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
be warned that most of the 03A3 receivers available are recovered from drill rifles. the barrel will have been welded to the receiver, the cutoff welded closed, and the bolt face welded. the welds will range from light tacks, to u-u-u-u-ugly beads paid for by the pound from the looks of them....

the tacked receivers can clean up quite nicely, I have a smith corona that looks great. others welded more thoroughly are ruined.

I would require an inspection period, and would consider buying off gunbroker, where you can see them, in addition to sarco.

or, get a sporter, keep the receiver, sell the rest.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Back 40-50 years ago "part kits" were available
that had everything but the receiver. I remember them being available for the 03 & the M1.
good luck!

Posts: 1028 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So maybe this was just a " Parts Kit " ?.

I don't know other than what the Wife has told me .

She said he purchased a complete " Army Rifle " which was new and in pieces . ? As I'm not up on Military surplus or weapons that aren't altogether .I really don't have a clue on this .

I really don't want a Welded receiver or the barrel welded ??. What's up with that nonsense , Trainers ?. I would like to put together a Complete weapon as everything is Pristine what wouldn't be wrapped in cosmoline . It has a Military barrel in this box it came in . There is also an empty space where the receiver could have been . No way to tell as it's just cardboard with compartments , not like a foam inlay .

I heard Sarco was pretty proud of their receivers ?, what's a fair price any Ideas ?.

I really do appreciate any and all info Thanks fellas . Shoot Straight Know Your Target . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got my receiver at a gunshow. Someone had butchered an 03A3, cut the barrel, cut the stock, it was a mess. I had all the rest of the parts at home so I took it to my local gunsmith who put the "new" barrel on it and how I have a 1903A3 Sprinfield. I paid $80 for the ugly mess of a rifle at the gun show. Good luck.

Swift, Silent, & Friendly

Posts: 426 | Location: Nevada | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote