New
Find
Notify
Tools

Replace Ruger M77RSI MK II stock
 Login/Join

<Alleycat>
posted
I have an M77 MK II International in .308 and wound like to replace the Mannlicher style stock with something in a more conventional style made of a light wt. synthetic. I don't have an Ultra Light or Std. mod. to check bbl. contours against. Any ideas as to what would be the closest drop-in fit?

One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
Sorry, you won't get any help... what you're proposing is blasphemy!

OK, just kidding... sort of.

You could just buy one on Ruger's plastic stocks that go with their stainless UL's... same barrel contour. If you want fiberglass, there's a bunch of makers, though only a couple make for the MKII.

Brad

<6.5 Guy>
posted
Brownell's sells the Ruger factory stocks in synthetic, walnut, and laminate. I'm sure they could get you the right stock if you called them. That way, it would be truly a "drop in", with only a bit of light sanding along the barrel channel to ensure the barrel is not touching the sides of the channel.

These stocks are exactly what come on Ruger rifles, down to the Ruger buttpad and grip cap.

[This message has been edited by 6.5 Guy (edited 04-16-2002).]

<Alleycat>
posted
I used the wrong word. I should have written preserve insted of replace. I intend to keep the original Mannlicher style stock. It already has a few minor scuffs from my hunting adventures here in NW TN. THICK bruch and thorns and who would have thought to put a ravine (trap for me) there.
Sorry about the blasphemy. I agree.

<Alleycat>
posted
I used the wrong word. I should have written preserve insted of replace. I intend to keep the original Mannlicher style stock. It already has a few minor scuffs from my hunting adventures here in NW TN. THICK brush and thorns and who would have thought to put a ravine (trap for me) there.
Sorry about the blasphemy. I agree.