Find
Notify
Tools

Another Project Gun
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted
While perusing the Gun Library at the grand opening of the new Cabela's in Fort Worth, I ran across this Parker Hale "Hussar". Parker Hale made only a few of these- on the Brno ZG-47 action! This one will get a new bolt handle, new barrel (338Hawk, 9.3x62, 404Jeff, can't decide) and I'll polish off the stampings on the action:

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Looks interesting. I didn't know that the integral dove tail was a part of those actions.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Yes, all ZG-47s have 19mm integral dovetails, same as the late model 21/22s, ZKKs and CZs- a Brno/CZ feature since 1949.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Were the VZ-24's (did I get the numbers right?) all made before 1949? I saw one the other day and it looked like a carbon copy M98.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
The VZ24 is a Czech military 98 Mauser made during WWII. ZB Brno (not CZ) is currently using refurbished VZs on their sporters. Here's a link if interested: ZbrojovkaBrno

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
What a find! Should make a very nice custom rifle. I'd love to see more pics of it.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
NEATO Forrest...

416 taylor?

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of x-51
posted Hide Post
Thats an interesting safety. Can they be fitted to standard model 98s or does it require other special parts?

Posts: 128 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 15 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
I vote for the 9.3x62. Just a rebarrel and no bolt or mag box work needed.

Plus, I have not shot this round yet. roflmao

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
X-51, that safety is unique to the ZG-47. It works like a M70 to block the bolt but operates horizontally rather than vertically, is similar to those on early Sako Riihimakis.

HK & Jeffe, I'm leaning towards the 9.3, may know where there's a barrel!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fla

you have too many custom rifles already!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Forrest, looks to be the start of something special. How about a fukk picture? Very nice indeed

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Damn typing Big Grin should have been full picture Mad

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
JimmyD, here's the best my camera can do (it's only good for close-ups). The rifle itself isn't real special, I'm mainly interested in the action:

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Who would have ever thought that they would have had one of those? thumb Wink Congratulations.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Forrest, man that is nice. Good looking stock but I would guess that will not be part of the project. So, will this be a go now project or something thats sort of a backburner?

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Jimmy, for now it's not high priority, way too many other irons in the fire. The stock, barrel & scope will go on ebay when the time comes.

Doug, wish I'd gotten there Thursday when the store first opened. They had ALOT of used & vintage guns, no junk, the salesman told me over 600 on the racks, and apparently they sold a ton the first day, no doubt some interesting collector pieces. I got there Saturday. Very impressive gun department, especially when you consider it is part of a large chain selling all kinds of sporting goods.

<JOHAN>
posted
fla3006

9,3X64 or 404 clap clap clap clap

Need safety? If, PM me Cool

Cheers
/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh crap! now I have to find a ZG-47. Some other poster had several rifles with that safety.

Nice find .

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
quote:
GSP7: Oh crap! now I have to find a ZG-47

I probably should keep my mouth shut but I have my share and still seem to find plenty of things to spend my money on. The ZG-47 is my favorite bolt rifle, only 20K made, only 300 Hussars made, also a few hundred FW Heyms made on ZG-47 actions, none commercially sold in the USA.