New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brno 602 action V CZ 550
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just wondering which of these two actions is better, I have just put a deposit on a 602 375 H&H as the basis for my .585 project. I could not find a second hand CZ550 and it would cost me an extra $400 to buy the CZ550 new than purchase the secondhand 602, is the cz 550 action that much better than the older 602 other than the trigger of course??And can the trigger be changed to a normal looking one?. Was this the right course of action???

Regards PC

------------------

[This message has been edited by PC (edited 01-17-2002).]

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I think you made the right decision. I haven't owned a CZ-550 but I've owned several ZKK's including a 602 in 375. The action is more aesthetically appealing and lends itself to customization very well. You might consider replacing the safety with a M-70 type bolt safety and of course you'll want to use the standard trigger rather than the set trigger. Great gun, has most all of the characteristics you would want in a magnum at a fraction of the price of other true magnum Mausers.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
fla3006 what options have I got in regards to changing the trigger on the 602??

------------------

one of us
posted Hide Post
You have no real options other than a choice between the standard or single set trigger that comes with the rifle. I like to change the standard trigger to move it back a bit in the guard. The way it comes it sits too far forward. In reality the two actions are essentially the same so you really lose nothing by going with the 602. Ilike the old ones with the pop-up peep sight. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3535 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill what I meant was that can you get a trigger that looks more like a trigger not that straight looking one. I just dislike the look of it and do not want to change the whole mechanism but just want a curved one.

Regards PC

------------------

<JOHAN>
posted
PC

If your rifle has a peep sight in the rear it's a rare one. I have a new CZ 550 magnum reciver in white on the way in.

I have plans on building a DGR in 416 rigby. Personaly I think the 550 has some good features that the 600 series are missing, such as the trigger.

On the other side you can find a lot crapier actions than the 600's. Rigby used 600's to build rifles on before the 550 reached the market.

GOOD LUCK

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
PC: I think the "straight" trigger you are referring to is the single set trigger. These guns came with two triggers, a set trigger which is usually what is on the gun, and a standard trigger. It is easy to replace the set trigger with the traditional standard trigger. If for some reason your gun arrives without the standard trigger, I may have one around here somewhere that you can have.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don�t want to comment on quality, as I never had a chance to handle a 602. But IIRC on the 602 the trigger is at the floorplate. On the 550 its on the action, where it belongs, and easily adjustable.

The set trigger on 602 and 537 is really two straight parts, not looking like a "trigger".

Bit I sure wish, CZ would hace kept the pop up peep sight!!

Hermann

------------------

Posts: 828 | Location: Europe | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote