THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Roll pin or set screws to hold sight blade on Taurus Raging bull

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Roll pin or set screws to hold sight blade on Taurus Raging bull
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The Raging Bull came with a black steel front sight blade. Taurus does not make a replacement sight to help my old eyes. It appears that the Hiviz blade for the S&W 617 will fit with a little filing.

My question is how to hold it in place. The OEM blade is held with a single solid pin. The sight will wiggle, and the pin can be pushed out with finger pressure. I am thinking either a roll pin through the sight, or dill and tap on both sides and use set screws. What do you think? The sight island has a lot of meat. How do regular drills and taps work in the stainless alloys used in firearms? Do I need anything special?

Thanks,
Arniet

One of Us
Picture of drhall762
posted Hide Post
Think I'd look hard at the roll pin. Should be more than enough and less subject to shaking free IMO.

Dave

In 100 years who of us will care?
An armed society is a polite society!
Just because they say you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you.

Posts: 899 | Location: Ammon, NC | Registered: 31 December 2013Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
roll pin...

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39696 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
roll pin...

+1

Posts: 19612 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote