Find
Notify
Tools

new Mark X action?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Abob
posted
Midway is advertising Zastava Mauser 98 Action 3-11/16" Magazine Length Magnum Bolt Face Blue, plus other lengths

Does this mean the Mark X action will be available again?

Does anyone know anymore about this? Here is the site:

http://www.midwayusa.com/brows...49***20766***9144***

Posts: 822 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 22 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like they will be back.I just hope rem didn't screw them up more and the finish is as it was.Good Luck

Posts: 1371 | Location: Plains,TEXAS | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of igorrock
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by plainsman456:
Sounds like they will be back.I just hope rem didn't screw them up more and the finish is as it was.Good Luck

No it isn't. my fried built one rifle in Zastava action and said that it needs quite a lot work.

Posts: 410 | Location: Finland | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
hope so .. great prices

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39567 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Betcha they`re coming from Remington-- Any takers? Zastava/C. Daly/Remington!
Aloha, mark

When the fear of death is no longer a concern----the Rules of War change!!

Posts: 978 | Location: S Oregon | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Abob
posted Hide Post
Maybe Bohica, but the Mark X actions that used be available weren't bad for the price, obviously not comparable to the custom mauser actions available

Interarms (Whitworth & Mark X), C Daly, Remington have all imported guns made by Zastava; Zastava used to make their actions with equipment they bought from FN; the early Whitworth & Mark X were the best actions

Midway's ad indicates they are coming straight from Zastava

There has been some fine working guns built around the Mark X action, let's hope that is the action they are importing

It may be the answer for those looking to build a lower-end (pricwe wise) custom rifle

Posts: 822 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 22 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a brand new one (original Mark X magnum) that I had a .300 win mag barrel screwed onto it, bbut it has never been fired. If you need it, I would probably sell it for the midway price, but not with the barrel, unless you wanted the barrel, in which case I would sell that too.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What's the opinion of using the 3-11/16 version to build a short barrel Lott. Strong enough? Do you think the CZ would cheaper to just shorten the barrel?

Thanks,
Arniet

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Abob-
I think you misunderstood me. I bet I have used over 100 of the Interarms/Zastava/C. Daly actions for rifles and LOVE them. I am [personally] thrilled at the prospect of getting the action on the market again regardless of WHO brings them in. Hell! When C. Daly first brought them in a few years ago I got over 25 from Shirks/Jerrys to name a few. I remeber the old days when I could get a barreled action in the door in Hawaii for less than 175.00! Agreed they needed a little smoothing out but were GREAT. Even the Santa Barbaras from E.R. Shaw were good. I will be glad to get them from Midway! Hope I can get a few in the 375 length!
Aloha, Mark

When the fear of death is no longer a concern----the Rules of War change!!

Posts: 978 | Location: S Oregon | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
I remeber the old days when I could get a barreled action in the door in Hawaii for less than 175.00!

Man you are too young. Big Grin When I was building my first rifles(1976-77) on them the action was under $100 the barreled action was around $125 and a complete rifle was still under $175 more like $150 dealer prices from places like Ron Shirks and Jerry's.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok, since we are telling our age, I remember getting Santa Barbara barreld actions delivered for around $75 and built several rifles on these actions in the mid-late 60's. I have the one I built for my late father and it still shoots sub MOA with a rather cheap scope. It was fun, and prior to the 1968 GCA the postman used to leave them at my college housing front steps. No theft, no concern by campus. We did not shoot each other, we shot deer, hogs and turkeys. While they may have been the good old days, I have a little more money now but would take more of those barreled actions!

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a little more money now but would take more of those barreled actions

That is a fact. $$$ was tight just out of college 2 kids. While I was able to put a few back I wish I had justified some more. Frowner I think I'm down to one each old style 06 & magnum MKX action.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
Picture of Abob
posted Hide Post
Thanks 22WRF but I'm planning on a non-magnum, got a MK X 375H&H that I'm more than happy with; I really like what TC1 did with his CD action

Mark, I did read your post wrong, my bad

Hope we hear more from Midway soon

Jim

fur, feathers, & meat in the freezersalute
"Pass it on to your kids"

one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bohica:
Betcha they`re coming from Remington-- Any takers? Zastava/C. Daly/Remington!
Aloha, mark

I don't believe Remington kept their contract with Zastava. I expect that is the reason Midway is able to sell them now.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Man, those 1977 prices sound great !
But now that I think of it, i got out of high school in 1977.
I was washing dishes for 2.81 an hour.
After taxes it would take me about 3 weeks to buy an action then.
And before I lost my job I could have bought 1 and 1/2 of those long magnum actions a week.
Now how about that short one ? It looks like at 2.875 It would be good for a .308 based round and mabye even a .284.
Or is that the little micro action fit for the 7.62X39 and ar the .223 ?
...tj3006

freedom1st

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now how about that short one ? Is that a comercial mauser action in the proper length for a .308 or even an 7X57 mauser ? Or is that like the micro mauser ? to small for the .308, more like the .223 length

Unless it is a mini action it is simply the normal length MKX with a spacer in the back of the magazine box. Works fine for the 243 and 308 cases.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep,
Your right ramrod. I just looked up Zastava and checked the web sight.
To bad. A real short action mauser dare I even dream of such a thing.
They have some prety cool stuff over there.
We need an importer or is there some new law that says bolt action sporters can't be imported beacuse they are so obviously wepons of mass destruction.
...tj3006

freedom1st