Find
Notify
Tools

QD levers for Ruger scope rings?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted
I have a really nice SS Redhawk 44 Mag that I added a nice set of highly figured walnut grips to and I have a Leupold 2X scope for it. But I cant stand the way the knobs are on the factory rings, but I want the scope to still be QD. I am wondering if anyone out there knows where I can get a set of levers to replace the factory knobs. Apparently a few years ago they used to be available through Brownells, but if they still are I cant find them in the catalog.

I had hoped to just use a set of Warne Maxima QD rings. I was informed that Maximas dont fit since the rear base hits the frame and cant be locked down. One alternative is to use the Maxima and machine a notch out of the rear/bottom of the ring so it can fit over the frame. But I dont know if solid lock up would still be possible.

I am hoping to get the pistol all fixed up to take on a whitetail hunt when I get back from Iraq in 6 weeks. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I checked also and can't find them. I would email Brownell's Tech support and ask them as they are very knowledgable and might even be able to order what you need.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/GunTech/submitquestion.aspx

Posts: 203 | Registered: 09 September 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
You CAN replace the nuts... to make them look better...

but you can also just drill and tap a 8x40 in the existing ruger nut to make a lever, and make the Ruger's rings QD

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote