New
Find
Notify
Tools

Extension rings for weaver base?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I need a bit more eye relief on a Savage Axis 223. The only extension rings I see online are the Weaver rings that have catch/lip on one side and screws on the other. I'm not crazy about these as I find they torque the reticle over on final tightening, making vertical alignment touchy. Any alternatives out there or suggestions on installing the Weavers if these are the only option. Thanks, Bob

Posts: 1282 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 699 | Location: South Pacific NW | Registered: 09 January 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Get a longer/exntension base and use the rings you like. I use mostly Warne Weaver type, double lever ones. Not because I want to remove the scope often, but because they look cool.

Posts: 17104 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks! quad locks will do the trick. Bob

Posts: 1282 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Weaver makes extension rings with the two top bands and screws on each side. They are called Quad Lock rings.

Hip

Posts: 1822 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Followed Tom's link and got quad locks on sale for $14.95. What a deal, and thanks all. Bob

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobc:
Followed Tom's link and got quad locks on sale for $14.95. What a deal, and thanks all. Bob

I'm not Tom.

Posts: 699 | Location: South Pacific NW | Registered: 09 January 2021Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Extension bases for Weavers, I dont believe Weaver makes extension rings, but wouldn't swear to it.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry rcraig, used your link. Success, and weaver does make qual lock extension rings, arrived the other day.Bob

one of us
posted Hide Post
iLL BE DARN, IM LIVING IN THE PAST AGAIN JUST USED STD RINGS FOR UMPTEEN YEARS, GOT BIT BY SNIPER ETUFF AGAIN! SS, PLASTC STOCKS AND NOW BAKENY SCOPE RINGS AND NOW AUTOMATIC GUNS FOR HUNTERS~ Roll Eyes

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote