New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommendations for proper follower
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm building a light rifle on a Pierce Titanium receiver in long action. What would you recommend for a follower for a 280AI? The Pierce is a Remington clone.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
Just food for thought I guess. It's pretty tacky, but there are a lot of plastic followers that have been made over the years that weight exactly 2 tenths of fawk all. Savage of course comes to mind, but I disremember exact models.

Remington also made those lovely stamped metal followers for a while in the ADL BDL series back in the nasty 70s. You might snag one of those, Swiss cheese the ever living snot out of it with a 1/8th drill and then polish it with a matchless wheel until it rounds out the holes a bit and shines like a hounds tooth. Come up with some sort of zingy name for it and people will think it's some sort of new fangled, rocket science, 2000 mile per hour, CNC jet follower from hell.

If you can't dazzle em with brilliance, baffle the bastards with BS !

Wink

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rod,
Haven't thought of the plastic ones. Heard about them a long time ago. Maybe somebody here might sell me one.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Butch - brownells sells them .. i think all the savage follwers are plastic

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38601 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OH MY Butch !
I sort of thought that you would get all puffed up and give me a double windup, under handed, open handed peepee slap for even suggesting the plastic follower.

Personally I like the Swiss cheese suggestion better as it would probably weigh the same as plastic and look REALLY COOL !

But the plastic is just as functional in the end and a lot less work.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Calahan or Gun Runners aluminum follower. They can be drilled to reduce weight.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
How about a Titianium follower??

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I forgot about you. Ship me one please!

one of us
posted Hide Post
The weight loss of a follower is really going the whole route! like grams not ounces maybe?? shocker

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41968 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
The weight loss of a follower is really going the whole route! like grams not ounces maybe?? shocker

O.M.G. Ray ! ! Get with the program.

We don't chop up perfectly good guns and spend thousands of dollars on them to loose a couple of ounces !
We do it because it LOOKS and SOUNDS really cool. Don't go pulling that feminine logic crap on us because we're not having any of it.

I guess I told him what's for and the why's for ! You owe me big time for protecting your virtue this time Lambert. he he he he

Rod Henrickson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A good guess Ray. Why make efforts to loose weight and not be worried about the small items? If the process is to lighten the rifle, why bypass anything?

One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
280 Ackley...I've always wanted to try that round.

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote