New
Find
Notify
Tools

OTIS Barrel Lifeliner???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone used a barrel "coating" procedure from OTIS called Lifeliner???

www.otisgun.com

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
At $84 ?

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Terry, I asked about it awhile back on the Reloading Board in this thread. One of my buddies mentioned a Hack Writer had said it worked well in Small Calibers, but not in the Larger Calibers. bewildered

I've thought about that a good bit and I still don't understand it. He said there was no indication by the Hack of where the separation between Small and Large occurred. bewildered

I've not tried it and don't know anyone who has. I do still Moly Coat my own Bullets and will continue until something better comes along. I still clean my barrels and lightly Lube them whenever they go outside. So far, the Moly has done what I wanted which was to extend the life of my barrels.

If you do try it, let me know how well it works for you. thumb

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Snake oil!
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote