Federal Premium, CCI, Speer, RCBS, Alliant Powders
Bushnell, Weaver, Simmons, Millett, Tasco, Redfield
Butler Creek, Uncle Mikes, Hoppes, Gunslick, Outers
Camp Chef, Primos, CamelBak, Blackhawk,
Bell, Giro, Bushnell Golf, Primos, Eagle

Posts: 6481 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So does that mean the Navaho Nation has Remington Arms and the rest distributed as printed? Got a link?

Posts: 3780 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe Ruger can make something of Marlin, again.

Posts: 714 | Location: fly over America, also known as Oklahoma | Registered: 02 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bobster:
So does that mean the Navaho Nation has Remington Arms and the rest distributed as printed? Got a link?

https://www.thetruthaboutguns....ory-gets-bushmaster/

Posts: 77 | Location: South Pacific NW | Registered: 08 September 2020Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm still not seeing who got Remington Firearms.

Posts: 3780 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slivers:

Let's hope so. Ruger has the potential to do some innovative things. A Ruger-esque Lever gun might be interesting.

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JJE Holdings got DPMS,Parker and a couple of others. JJE Holdings is the parent company of Palmetto Firearms.

Posts: 84 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 28 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don’t see Dakota. Anyone know?

Posts: 375 | Location: Atlanta.GA | Registered: 07 December 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bobster:
I'm still not seeing who got Remington Firearms.

I believe it's roundhill, which is unknown to me, they are at least buying the shotguns, but i expect the "remington" and "dakota" firearms will go to them

quote:
• Roundhill Group, LLC as the Successful Bidder pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit C with respect to the non-Marlin Firearms Business; and Huntsman Holdings, LLC and Century Arms, Inc. as the Backup Bidders thereto pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit D with respect to certain Firearms Business IP assets and Exhibit E with respect to certain non-Marlin Firearms Business inventory, respectively;

https://wibx950.com/preliminar...y-has-ilion-worried/

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39598 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I suspect the buyer that get the piece with the NY property will move the manufacturing to a more friendly state and sell the property.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dulltool17:
quote:
Originally posted by slivers:

Let's hope so. Ruger has the potential to do some innovative things. A Ruger-esque Lever gun might be interesting.

Let's hope Ruger doesn't ruin the forged Marlin receiver with their cheap ass castings.

One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
Forged receivers are great. Describing Ruger's castings as "cheap ass" are quite a ways off the mark I think.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fury01:
Forged receivers are great. Describing Ruger's castings as "cheap ass" are quite a ways off the mark I think.

+1,000,000

"all" ruger actions and frames are casting .. there's a bit of daylight between melting cans into ignots and how ruger does this ...

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nopride2:
I suspect the buyer that get the piece with the NY property will move the manufacturing to a more friendly state and sell the property.

Dave

I think Huntsman holdings Is the Huntsman from Salt Lake City. They sell the Ny property and move manufacturing to Utah. Sounds about right.

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
Just make sure Sierra doesn't screw up Barnes!

I love Barnes bullets!

I use Sierras in my 243 and 7mm-08. I can always make the shoot well in other rifles, but I use a bonded and alloy bullet for everything else.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:

+1,000,000

"all" ruger actions and frames are casting .. there's a bit of daylight between melting cans into ignots and how ruger does this ...

This

Posts: 19582 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I think Remington did what most company's to;

Day 1 - Oh we're not moving -
Day 367 - We're moving.

Most stuff was moved from Illion, NY to Alabama wasn't it.?

quote:
Originally posted by nopride2:

Dave

One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:

+1,000,000

I've been to their investment casting facility in New Hampshire. What I saw was some excellent process control and very high quality parts.

Those who associate the word "casting" only with green sand molds and recycled metals simply do not understand that an investment casting is a couple of notches above.

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gunmaker
posted Hide Post
Why are wrenches forged?
Does it make them stronger?
popcorn

gunmaker
------------------
James Anderson Metalsmith & Stockmaker
WEB SITE

More Pics on FLICKR

Posts: 1860 | Location: Western South Dakota | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There're just as many crappy forgings out there, as there are crappy castings.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunmaker:
Why are wrenches forged?
Does it make them stronger?
popcorn

Many forged wrenches on IX...err... At harbour freight

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of gunmaker
posted Hide Post
I'm not saying that Ruger doesn't make world class castings. They are just not as strong as correctly forged. Not a dig deal, just a fact.

Do top fuel dragsters use forged pistons or cast pistons?

Last I knew, Dak Arms uses bar stock to make receivers. Still not as strong as a good forging. And still not a big deal, just a fact.

I'd like to know whats going on with the Dakota part of this Rem mess.

gunmaker
------------------
James Anderson Metalsmith & Stockmaker
WEB SITE

More Pics on FLICKR

Posts: 1860 | Location: Western South Dakota | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
They are just not as strong as correctly forged.

BS bsflag

Posts: 19582 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:

BS bsflag

That isn't a very convincing argument. lol

Forging does produce a superior product because the grain flow can be aligned to the shape of the part and achieve finer grain structure.
That results in a tougher and more fatigue resistant part.

But since modern gun frame and receivers die from neglect, wear, 'gunsmith' hackery and serious overloads and really don't fail from cyclic fatigue, it is all a moot point.

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
What about Advanced Armament? I've got an AAC can and experienced excellent customer service from them when I had a baffle strike.

Posts: 3277 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i thought leupold owned redfield

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I thought so too. but the Vista site has it listed.

quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
i thought leupold owned redfield

one of us
posted Hide Post
The future of Remington products holds many mysteries.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug W:

Forging does produce a superior product because the grain flow can be aligned to the shape of the part and achieve finer grain structure.
That results in a tougher and more fatigue resistant part.

But since modern gun frame and receivers die from neglect, wear, 'gunsmith' hackery and serious overloads and really don't fail from cyclic fatigue, it is all a moot point.

Agreed. That improved grain structure is important with wr eff inches, but not so much with receivers.

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

7 Winners Determined for Remington Brands Breakup

SEVEN COMPANIES HAVE REPORTEDLY WON BIDS ON MULTIPLE REMINGTON BRANDS, BRINGING THE BANKRUPTCY TO A NEAR CLOSE AND SHAKING UP ENTIRE FIREARMS INDUSTRY.

By PERSONAL DEFENSE WORLD

Remington Brands will sell off to seven different companies.

It appears as though the wild speculation over the future of Remington Outdoor Company and several venerable Remington brands will finally conclude. Multiple reports detail seven groups that made bids to acquire pieces of what once was the Cerberus-held giant conglomerate.

Remington, of course, floundered recently, first declaring for bankruptcy in 2018. The company emerged quickly, yet filed again this year in July. The company accrued nearly $1 billion in debt over the years, reported Bloomberg. Remington reached $437.5 million in sales last year, down half compared to 2016, reported Bloomberg. And litigation from the families of the Sandy Hook tragedy threatened even further.

This time around, it couldn’t stave off the breakup that’s about to shake up the entire firearms industry. Now seven individual bidders will now purchase of portion of the company.

Remington Brands Bidders

Vista Outdoor Inc. acquires Lonoke ammunitions business and certain IP assets; SIG Sauer is currently a backup bid
Roundhill Group LLC acquires non-Marlin firearms business
Sierra Bullets LLC acquires Barnes Ammunition
Sturm, Ruger, & Co. acquires Marlin
JJE Capital Holdings LLC acquires DPMS, H&R, Stormlake, AAC and Parker brands
Franklin Armory Holdings Inc. acquires Bushmaster brand and some related assets
Sportsman’s Warehouse Inc. acquires Tapco brands
Now any gun fan will surely see some amazing possibilities in these new acquisitions. A Ruger-led Marlin jumps to the front of the list. Ruger’s prowess in hitting a very certain demographic, from classic wheel guns to carbines, suggests a serious Marlin resurgence imminent.

Vista, and its Federal experience, also bodes well for the Lonoke facility, a stalwart of Remington Ammunition. Interesting to not that SIG Sauer is a backup bid for Remington Ammo. Same goes for Sierra Bullets, a prominent figure in both long-range and hunting. It will be fascinating to see how that company works with new assets at Barnes.

Finally, JJE Capital, owner of Palmetto State Armory, gets DPMS and AAC, among others. Meanwhile, Fanklin Armory brings in Bushmaster. Both groups own tremendous experience in the black gun space. Can the acquisitions bring DPMS and Bushmaster back to the top of the MSR segment?

Questions Remain

Interestingly, in the initial reports, the fate of Remington itself, the most iconic brand of the group, remains unclear. Ruger reportedly went after the entire business. Then Roundhill Group, a property investment firm, reportedly bid for the shotgun line alone. That leaves a lot of questions about who gets what in terms of Remington’s vast line of firearms. The news reportedly also made workers in Illion, N.Y., the site of Remington’s original factory, very worried.

“I would have loved to have Ruger buy the whole thing, but, if that doesn’t happen I hope the new owner keeps manufacturing in Ilion where it all started and that they keep employment high here,” Ilion Deputy Mayor Chuck Lester told wibx950.com. “We have an amazing work force here and we support them one hundred percent. We saved Remington a ton of money with cheap electric in the past which helped them then and we’re willing to work with whoever takes over the company now. Let’s just keep our workers employed.”

To all these questions and suggestions, only time will tell. A hearing on Tuesday will formalize the acquisitions. We’ll update the story as new information becomes available.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote