New
Find
Notify
Tools

NULA Model 20 22LR Magazine
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I own a New Ultralight Arms Model 20 in 22LR. I only have one magazine and Zmr Forbes can't get more. He had them made by someone who is out of business. I'd like to find another magazine that csn be adapted, or maybe find a common 22 magazine and alter the rifle to accept them. Attached are photos of the rifle and its magazine, followed on the left by magazines from an MAS 45, 2 Kimbers, Ruger 10/22 and Browning T bolt. None will fit. I'd like to hear ideas about magazines that might work, and if none, suggestions about readily available highly reliable magazine that the gun could be altered to accept. https://imgur.com/gallery/IK7v4hw

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2172 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the same rifle and have tried all you suggest to no avail.

Posts: 1577 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
I apologize for this off topic question, but I was wondering why you guys would need a second magazine. I only ask because I have a few magazine rifles, and I never have get the need for a second magazine.

Jeff Cooper would roll in his grave if he knew that I asked that.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:
I apologize for this off topic question, but I was wondering why you guys would need a second magazine. I only ask because I have a few magazine rifles, and I never have get the need for a second magazine.

Jeff Cooper would roll in his grave if he knew that I asked that.

I agree in principal that you shouldn't likely need another magazine for normal target or hunting purposes but similar to a spare car key, much easier to have a spare made and in the case of a vehicle key, the immobilizer code copied over to the new key before you lose the original.
If your magazine is one of the rarer ones, having the original to compare to and fit possible after market ones is better than trying to find a replacement after the original is lost.

I have a Gevarm E1 carbine 22RF which are long out of production and spare magazines like hen's teeth to find. Gevarm rifles use a slightly extended lip on the top left hand side of the magazine as the case ejector so any after market mag or one from another rifle would have to duplicate this feature for the rifle to operate correctly. I don't have a spare mag but am paranoid about ensuring I do not lose the original.

Posts: 3909 | Location: Rolleston, Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
First thing I do is buy 2-3 magazines when I buy a firearm.

Ask someone who owns a Bolt action Steyr with a CBP magazine that falls apart.

Posts: 6484 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Because they tend to get lost over the years Or broken.

So far you have been lucky.

Posts: 19597 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Jason,
when I was teaching my kids, and grandkids, I had several 10/22 10 round mags, that they can each load their own mag

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39665 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you don't need a second mag you must not have much game. I hunt squirrels and sometimes there is a 6 animal limit in one hickory tree. It's nice to drop one 5 round mag and pop in another. I found a magazine for a mauser 22 that I think is adaptable. Here are some photos: https://imgur.com/gallery/1dDxuyk

Posts: 2172 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Mauser 22 magazine isn't adaptable. What is needed is a magazine with a straight body, no slant. And it should be bigger than the current magazine so that the bottom metal can be opened up. I found two used factory magazines so I'm ok now.

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
glad you found a mag. I've been looking through Rem, Win, Marlin, Stevens mag and none are close.

Posts: 6484 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote