New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need some knowledge on an Interarms Mark X
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Picked up a barreled action in .270, and it needs a few parts. Specifically trigger, ejector and bolt stop (and the associated pins) Will any standard Mauser parts work? I know a lot of them are interchangeable, but before I start putting this thing all together, I'd prefer to have some wisdom from someone who knows these guns better than I do (which isn't much at all!) I would go with an aftermarket trigger, so I'm not super worried about that but I know where there's a pile of Mauser parts I can raid if they are truly interchangeable.

If I am working, hunting season is too far away to imagine. If I am getting things ready for hunting season, opening day is perilously close.

Posts: 111 | Location: Llano Estacado | Registered: 12 January 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
A 98 bolt stop and ejector should work fine.

As to trigger if the cocking piece is smooth on the bottom then most 98 triggers will work. If it looks like the old military with the sear clearance notch some adjustable triggers don't play nice with it.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Timney trigger or a blackburn, can't beat either one of them. But then, you will need one of my safetues which is another good deal.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Alaska Arms model 70 type triggers are pretty cool as well. They have two installation instruction videos that you can view by going to their website. That trigger is hard to beat for ruggedness/reliability and simplicity, just like the original Mauser and model 70 triggers have always been. They are a hunting trigger and can only be adjusted down to 2.5 lbs, but that's about perfect for a big game hunting rifle.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3292 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Numerich Arms has some of the parts for your particular Mauser. Notice I said some. I recently tried to get a Zastava Mauser extractor collar or ring and it is out of stock.

Posts: 1024 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
note, if you are using a take off stock, it will be cut for the side slide safety - a timney with safety will work fine - i think better than the original --

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39708 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I remember right the bolt stop is different. Commercial actions don't have the little flat by the perch so the stop is rounded. I'm sure you could cut the flat though.
Don

Posts: 1085 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Which flat/perch do you mean?

Posts: 17291 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
Which flat/perch do you mean?

http://img.photobucket.com/alb...4169_zpskda8kjxv.jpg

Here's a pic I stole shows the flat he had to cut to use a military stop.
Don

Posts: 1085 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All the parts you need are available for a Mark X...Mostly from Brownells or a local gunsmith.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote