New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Stock for an old A5
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I need to find a source for a new stock for my old Browning 16 ga. A5. It is the really old one with the safety in the trigger guard. Wood, synthetic, anything will do but eventually would like walnut. DW

Posts: 1016 | Location: Happy Valley, Utah | Registered: 13 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No personal experience with this outfit, but I believe they're former Reinhart Fajan employees, and I had a lot of good experiences with Fajan: http://www.wenig.com/

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Midwest Gunworks and Art's Gun Shop has them.
I don't believe the inside the trigger guard one's are any different. Art's or Midwest could tell you.

Posts: 408 | Location: morgan city, LA | Registered: 26 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
I ordered one for my 1937 A-5 direct from Browning. It is an OK fit, but could be much better

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does Browning have the round knob stocks?
It would be a pity to put a flat knob on your A5.
I have a '49 Standard 16 with the old style safety and prefer it. The two piece carrier would be nice though.

Posts: 408 | Location: morgan city, LA | Registered: 26 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
I've bought them from Bob's Gun Parts. You can find him on the web.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2939 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks John I'll give Bob's a try.

Posts: 1016 | Location: Happy Valley, Utah | Registered: 13 October 2006Reply With Quote