Find
Notify
Tools

.50 Cal Barrel Blank
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted
I am planning on building a .50 Cal Muzzleloader and dont know where to get the blank. Lilja has one but it is CM. Not sure if I want a Green Mountain. I'd prefer stainless. Any suggestions? Thanks and God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1371 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Krieger will spin you up anything you want if you give them a well-drawn sketch with critical dimensions provided. I had them machine the barrel for my target pig. I provided a sketch. They called back to consult and we figgered out from there what I wanted. When I got it, it was gorgeous and exactly what I had envisioned when I drew the sketch...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Will this work? Description on menu said it is stainless.

http://www.e-gunparts.com/Disp...&CatID=6748&mySort=1

Posts: 3713 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Pacnor

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Everyone hold on; first you have to specify what projectile you want to shoot in it. Round balls require deep rifling and slow twists. Sabots require shallow rifling and faster twists. Big hunks of lead require something in the middle. Are you building a Lancaster/ pre-Rev, or an in line? Need more info. True, most barrel makers make .50 cals, but all might not be suitable for a muzzle loader.

Posts: 17182 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
you want a GM ... make certain you SPECIFY its a muzzle loader, or it will have holes in both ends

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38613 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
Probably going to build an inline to shoot saboted bullets. .50 cal but unsure what twist I would want yet.

Thanks and God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1371 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote