THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger M77 Express 270/30-06 muzzle diameters?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone happen to know the muzzle diameter for these? These are the M77 MKII's with the integrally machined barrels.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3292 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Great minds think alike.

The 270's seem to be much more common, I don't know if I personally would kill off a 30-06 unless it was a bad shooter.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
Great minds think alike.

The 270's seem to be much more common, I don't know if I personally would kill off a 30-06 unless it was a bad shooter.

I was asking for you regarding your 400 whelen rebore thread. A rebore of one of these rifles is not in my near future, but if one with a ruined bore turned up cheap...

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3292 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gotcha!

I have only handled the 416 Rigby model. I have been told several times there is tons of steel in all of them.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
They are on the small side and will make a very light .400; but might be doable if you want a light barreled .400. Standard Rugers are .550 muzzle so I figure they are close. I could be wrong....

Posts: 17291 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think it will have to be another caliber. Or just rebarrel a 270.

One of Us
Picture of Brad aka Pill Shooter
posted Hide Post
Got a 30-06 to 9.3x62 Mauser Ruger express done by the late great Jim Dubell. Reborn went great so I know your good for 9.3mm if you want not sure about bigger I also have a 7 mm mag express.

Brad Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Sherwood, Oregon USA | Registered: 07 August 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
i didn't measure any - those barrels, with the q-rib and such, were VERY heavy ..

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39708 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote