New
Find
Notify
Tools

Takedown drawing/instructions for BLR?
 Login/Join

<Daryl Elder>
posted
Does anyone know of a site that has such things?

one of us
posted Hide Post
No, but the Gun digest Firearma disassembly book # IV has it in there. if you don't have access to a copy, let me know and I'll figure out how to work this scanner. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
<Vasa>
posted
Daryl;
Are you talking the Browning BLR? Didn't know that the new Marlin of yours gave up already!! I worked on a BLR for Ralf, a nightmare - just like a Mod. 88 - compared to the older designs.
By the way, how is your shoulder?

Vasa

<Daryl Elder>
posted
Thanks, Dan, but sounds like maybe a complicated undertaking to dismantle one? It's not for me, it's for a buddy in Red Deer and I don't think he has much experience with them or taking apart guns in general; I'll try to convince him to find a smith.
Vasa! Between Taekwondo and those monsters you and 470 brought out to play I'm kinda stiff all over! Can you suggest a powder, hopefully Varget, that I might try with those cast bullets for the Casull-255gr.-that I can load up for my .45-70? I suppose I could use the same charge as the Hornady 350gr. but I might end up with a smear of lead down the bbl.. After seeing that cast bullet in that .500 A Square go through that Algotuff plate, I'll have to get some moulds! That was just rude...something akin to self flagellation, I reckon.