Find
Notify
Tools

"Stinger" Pen gun?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TJ
posted
Somewhere in the back of my clouded mind I seem to remember a pen gun called the "Stinger". I think it was made some where back East. Available in .25 and 22lr. Am I dreaming, or does anyone else remember these?

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
TJ,

I have seen these in 22 rim fire. I have no idea where they were made or wether they are still available.

------------------
saeed@ emirates.net.ae

www.accuratereloading.com

Posts: 67041 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They were first available through American Derringer, I believe as the "Model 2". AD only offered it for a short time, after which it was marketed by the manufacturer as the "Stinger." I'm not sure AD sold any other than 22's and 25's, but the later Stingers were also available in 32 ACP, and possibly 380. I haven't seen any for sale for several years.

They couldn't be fired from the "pen" configuration, you had to bend it into a "pistol" configuration. That's why BATF classified it as a handgun rather than an AOW.

Posts: 269 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote