Login/Join

one of us
posted
I checked out their website today. Anybody use their Aafari 550 DGR? "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Don G>
posted
D

Using the search link at the top right of the page, do a keyword search for AHR and/or the caliber. It's been done recently. Mixed responses.

Don

<Todd G>
posted
I know a guy who has an AHR DGR and the stock cracked on it. I do not know anymore than that. If you want I can try and get him to sign on and fill us in.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Todd if you can by all means. I will check the search. Thanks "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Todd G>
posted
D,

He was over today and we spoke about it a little. He wouldn't say much about the whole thing, but said he wouldn't purchase another rifle from AHR. I'll ask him to respond to this string now that you have said you want to hear it straight from him. I know that he won't be posting anything until at least tomorrow, because he doesn't have a computer except at work.

Todd

<Boltgun>
posted
D,
I too have been trying to find out about AHR from someone who actually owns one. I found AHR's web site the very day that I bought a CZ 550 in 416 Rigby. I contacted AHR about building this gun for me in the original caliber. I asked about pricing for turning it into the DGR that he has on his website. He stated that the price would only be $300 to $350 lower than the $2995 he has on his website. I did not argue with him, but felt that $450 or so would have been more fair since he sales the action only for $575. I realize that a man has to make a profit in order to survive and maybe he has most of his profit figured into the action. Regardless, I was recommended to Virgin Valley Custom Guns from several people who really liked their work. They currently have my action and I'm looking forward to getting it back. When I do, I will post it here on what I think of it. Good luck on your search.
Bolt