THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Changing a non serialized part=manufacturing...REALLY?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Changing a non serialized part=manufacturing...REALLY?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I won't name the source, he'll probably speak up himself. Is this a reality? Is it true that if I change an upper on my AR15 I need a mfg license? Or if I swap barrels on a Contender, Encore, Mauser, or Blaser that I am jail bound for not having a mfg license? Is this really being enforced?

I don't have the money to challenge the ATF&E in court. I don't want to get thrown in the pokey for swapping uppers.

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That source is wrong.

Posts: 160 | Location: NE MN | Registered: 07 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How about if I rebarrel a mauser rifle with a new 8mm barrel?

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
The lower receiver is the only serialized part on an AR type system.
If you can mail order the part without an FFL then you can also swap it as you please.

I was able to buy everything I needed to assemble my own AR back in 96 the only part I had to get at a dealer was the striped lower receiver

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
http://forums.accuratereloadin...1019521/m/8291065041

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38594 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So as long as I am doing modifications as a private individual and not selling a service or product, I am probably ok.

I feel better now.

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whoever told you that was desperate for your business. You, as an individual, can build as many guns, change, rebuild, customize as many as your heart contends and your pocketbook can afford.

If you engage in buying, selling, building, etc as a regular course of trade, then the alphabet boys and girls will probably want a cut of the till.

As an 07 manufacturer if I do any work not directed by the customer, it is considered "manufacturing". For you, no such thing.

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1488 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote