New
Find
Notify
Tools

Futzing with M1903 action
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is there available a one-piece striker-firing pin the M1903/03A1 actions?

Would a pre-64 Winchester M70 striker-firing pin-cocking piece assembly fit? Or, perhaps, any M-70 assembly?
The 1898 Krag action has available receiver sights that attach by way of the sight replacing its magazine cut-off assembly. Is a similar sight available for M1903s, or does such a Krag sight fit the M1903's action also?

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1513 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Not in this century or most of the last one.
No. but the bolt shroud threads are the same.
No.
It would not be hard to make one that threaded into the cocking piece.

Posts: 17278 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
a post 64 safety can be fitted to a springfield bolt ... so the lore says .. i have the parts somewhere to ty

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39665 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As Jeff stated, yes a post 64 M70 sleeve can be fitted. Threads are indexed correctly and will time with an 1903 bolt.

One piece firing pin, contact Ed LaPour to see if he has any or would make one.

J Wisner

Posts: 1484 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glen chapman used to modify enfield pins if I remember right. I have the drawings somewhere, I'll try to find them.
Don

Posts: 1085 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Numrich used to make a one piece firing pin for the Springfield, but I have been unable to find a listing for one in their on-line catalog.

The Pacific Gun Sight Company made a receiver sight called the S1, as a part of their "No Drill" series, which was attached to the magazine cut-off on the left side of the Springfield receiver. As the name implies, no drilling and tapping was involved, but the sight was locked in position with two opposing set screws. I have never seen on, but a photo of one, which I have been unable to track down, appeared recently on one of the shooting related web sites. It is described and pictured in Nick Stroebel's "Old Gun Sights & Rifle Scopes, Identification & Price Guide."