Find
Notify
Tools

Bolt travel problems
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Seamus O'Grady
posted
I've got an Interarms Mark X in .25-06 that's about 20 years old. When I cycle the action, the bolt gets stuck about two-thirds of the way back and requires a lot of jiggling around to be able to travel again. What's up with my rifle?

Posts: 567 | Location: Washington | Registered: 21 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the ejector is hanging on the extractor collar. Try filing with a small file a wee bevel on the nose of the ejector.
You can replace the extractor collar it sounds to me like it is loose. Put a straight edge along the bolt & over the collar. Does the collar protrude above the bolt?

------------------
NRA Life member

Posts: 8346 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
To Bear Claw:
I will need to check the bolt tommorow. Can we talk at about 10 A.M. Pacific time tommorow?

Posts: 567 | Location: Washington | Registered: 21 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Your claw extractor is dragging inside the rear ring or the action, binding...could be loose or bent or needs polishing. Check your extractor and does it show some wearing at that little hump in the middle of it??? Also your action could be sprung, but that is very unlikly.

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41892 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks all you guys for your suggestions I fixed the bolt this morning and now the rifle is fine.
Seamus O'Grady