New
Find
Notify
Tools

stock repair
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I had a customer bring in a 16g shotgun with a broken butt sotock. Snapped off at the wrist.
I need some recommendations that I can give him for some to send it to. As it is past my paygrade.

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1504 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dennis Earl Smith

https://thestockdr.com/

Posts: 699 | Location: South Pacific NW | Registered: 09 January 2021Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Only if the break is packed in cotton and taped o the splintered edges are protected does it repair well IMO those saved tiny splinters replaced are the difference..otherwise its a repaired hunter..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Atkinson:
Only if the break is packed in cotton and taped on the splintered edges are protected does it repair well IMO and those saved tiny splinters replaced are the difference. Otherwise its a repaired hunter..unforunately this is learned to late by most shooters

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm before doing anything..has the value of the shotgun been taken into consideration? Could be a Sears catalog import from the early 20th century or a fine and valuable keepsake...What is it?

Posts: 3454 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Send me pictures. I will advise and guide to help.
thestockdr@hotmail.com

Dennis Earl Smith
Professional Member ACGG
Benefactor Life NRA
Life NAHC

Posts: 311 | Location: Tygh Valley, OR | Registered: 05 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dennis
I sent am email with photos
Thanks.

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1504 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MyNameIsEarl
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane Wiebe (CG&R):
Hmmmm before doing anything..has the value of the shotgun been taken into consideration? Could be a Sears catalog import from the early 20th century or a fine and valuable keepsake...What is it?

Its a Funk Suhl Hahn-Doppelflinte No. 301 made pre 1890. Not sure of the value but that is up to the customer to decide if he wants to invest in it.

Posts: 749 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote