Find
Notify
Tools

The Mojenos project...lightweight barrel
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Chuck1911
posted Hide Post
Butch, Im not really sure what direction this is gonna go yet, but we have talked about doing production button blanks and specialty cut rifled blanks. We are working through those things now. The biggst thing is to keep costs down.
Incidently, for comparisons sake, at 22" the barrel above, is 1.5 lbs lighter than the stock Remington heavy barrel, and it hasn't even been profiled, its still 1"

Chuck

Chuck Warner
Pistolsmith
/

Posts: 332 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 15 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck1911:
KC, Bonded the same as the plates....sorta...lol

Thats all I wanted to know.

And my .338 barrel would need to be 30" But that way down the road. a few years at least.

But an AR barrel. hummm... that would be interesting.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Keep me in the loop.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Same here.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chuck1911
posted Hide Post
The .338 may require a bigger blank than we are making now, but it is on the immediate horizon.

Below is the first finished AR blank. While it is hard to get lighter than a standard AR Barrel, the goal was increased rigidity and cooling. The bottom barrel came in a couple ounces lighter,and should aid cooling drastically. This should equate to better barrel life. It has yet to be fluted as well...

Most of my updates appear here and at 1911Pro.com at the same time. These are the only places they are posted so far..

Chuck Warner
Pistolsmith
/

One of Us
Picture of Chuck1911
posted Hide Post
Butch, You might give me a call. Id be interested in working with you and your favorite barrel maker and see if we can come up with something for your 280.

As of April 1st, Bosque Weapon Works is official. Im looking to work with a few more barrel makers to help develop our data base and production. We currently have a cut rifled .300 Win Mag barrel being shot to destruction and I will share all the test results here.

Two guys that really deserve an honorable mention for helping us out, are Wade at Bell&Carlson and Dan Pederson at Classic Barrel Works.
Dan has tolerated a visit or two to his shop and been immensely forthcoming with barrel info. I hope we don't overload him with questions, but Im like a sponge in a bucket of water when I'm there.
Wink
More soon...
CW

Chuck Warner
Pistolsmith
/

One of Us
Picture of Chuck1911
posted Hide Post
....and KC, There are two .338's on the rack...

lol.

Chuck Warner
Pistolsmith
/

One of Us
Picture of Chuck1911
posted Hide Post
With the bolt gun barrel being tortured at the moment, it was time to finish the AR and get it tested. This is the very first one. The rifle weighs 2 ounces less than stock with the heavy barrel mounted. This is before fluting.

Doug will be function testing today. Fingers crossed....

Chuck Warner
Pistolsmith
/

One of Us
Picture of Chuck1911
posted Hide Post
...and so it goes. The first test is outta the way with 100% reliability.
Next will be an accuracy and heat test...

Chuck Warner
Pistolsmith
/

One of Us
Picture of Chuck1911
posted Hide Post
We have now started a pre-production run of SS and aluminum barrels. We are going to produce 50 of these in the coming weeks. These will be .30 cal or larger. We can accommodate custom rifling twists as these are all individually cut rifled. The second batch will be chrome moly, and also .30 cal. and larger.
We have some .223 caliber such as the AR above, that will be available also.

I will be glad to answer any and all questions and appreciate your input.

Chuck

Chuck Warner
Pistolsmith
/

one of us
posted Hide Post
PM sent with some questions Smiler

Shoot straight, shoot often.
Matt

Posts: 1183 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 19 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Chuck.
looks good, Keep us posted

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
Hey All,

I am going to be picking up one of these and need a smith to contour, maybe flute/stress relieve, chamber, thread, crown, etc and maybe do a bit of lapping depending on how the bore looks. Would also like it mounted on a Mark-X 30-06.

At the same time would like the action blueprinted/tuned up, entire rifle detail stripped, cleaned, lightly lubed, exterior beadblasted, trigger gone over, any feeding/ejecting work and entire barreled action coated in QPQ, Roguard or similar.

This rifle as it stands has been my main hunting rifle past few years and probably has 5k+ rounds down the pipe(about 400 of them rapid fire from a cull hunt). Needs a new tube so may as well give this a try.

Anyone up for trying to work on something new? Pm me.

Thanks.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chuck1911
posted Hide Post
I have not updated this in quite some time. As with any promising new technology, sometimes things don't go as planned.

The original venture to produce these barrels is non-existent. I am in the process of setting up a new company and keep manufacturing in house here. My focus before severing my relationship with TPL Inc. was to produce enough test barrels to satisfy the requirement given to us.
With that accomplished we can now RE-focus on getting these produced.
Any questions can be directed to Warner Pistols for the time being.

Bulldog, we had talked before, and should again.

As for the barrels, Testing at 350 meters has shown little to any deviation from zero after exceeding the 1200 rnd expected fall off point.
That number is normally derived with 180 grain bullet loads.

We are currently at 2000 rnds of 220 Grain loads and still going with no appreciable loss in accuracy @ 350 meters.

We are doing a couple more prototype rifles at the moment and our expectations are high...

Chuck Warner
Pistolsmith
/