New
Find
Notify
Tools

Floorplate release on old FN Mauser
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have an old commercial FN action that has the old style floorplate with a push pin that releases much like a military Mauser. All of a sudden, it is falling out constantly, never had a problem before. I can't see what is supposed to hold it in, maybe when it came out, I lost somethng, but I don't think so. It is on an old .338-06 that has been hunted with a lot, now it falls out at the range every second or third shot.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Spring...

if you have the push button mod, that's just a piece sticking up, that's the deal
jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38613 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
I have a complete FN triggergaurd and bottom metal availible.

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2094 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Are you sliding it forward enough so that it will latch? You should hear a click when it latches.

Rojelio

Posts: 495 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It definitely latches, like it always did, I suspect the spring is weak, won't hold it in place. El Caballero- is yours a drop floorplate or a military type like mine? How much, I might just be a buyer.

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jstevens:
El Caballero- is yours a drop floorplate or a military type like mine? How much, I might just be a buyer.

Kutenay beat you to it. Had no idea it was in demand. It was the military type with the extended thing.

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2094 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Put a heavier sping in it...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41986 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray

I'm a mechanical kind of guy, though not a gunsmith, but that was exactly what I thought, the spring was weak, as that appears to be all that holds it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
There's a cross-pin that hold the floorplate release mechanism in place. It's @27 in the drawing below

If It Doesn't Feed, It's Junk.

Posts: 407 | Location: Sechelt, B.C., Canada | Registered: 11 December 2001Reply With Quote