New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joke?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What is the difference between a gunsmith and a pizza?

A pizza can feed a family of four.

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
that's not a joke!! my hobby can't even pay for its own parts, but, then again, I only turn stocks or bed them... just a hobbist here

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38612 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
one of the guys at Fulton Armory says that the best way to make a small fortune in the gun business is to start with a large fortune.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
thumb

Posts: 324 | Location: VIRGINIA | Registered: 27 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of montycalhoun
posted Hide Post
When I was yonger I asked a local gunsmith what he tought about me becoming a gunsmith, he told me to become a welder instead.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety (1759)

Posts: 110 | Location: Baghdad Iraq, Caldwell Idaho | Registered: 15 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The best way to become a wealthy gunsmith is to sell: files, drememl tools, hammers and screwdrivers.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you; Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your sins, the other for your freedom...."

Posts: 426 | Location: Yakima, Washington, USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by montycalhoun:
When I was yonger I asked a local gunsmith what he tought about me becoming a gunsmith, he told me to become a welder instead.

FrownerFunny you should say that.

saluteI had just got out of the service in 1957 and at night was apprenticing with Carl Strebelow a Clevelnd Gun Smith. After maybe 6 months Carl said to me " Roger, why don't you go to school? You may become a good Engineer but I doubt like hell that you will ever amount to anything as a Gun Smith."

Well he was 1/2 right; I ain't no Gun Smith. shockerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Wait a minute, Roger, there can only BE one Wally.
And I've already got all the work I can avoid.

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote