THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    What are we these called and where can I get them?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are we these called and where can I get them?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted
I'm building a Remington 600 trigger and need some longer retaining clips (with c-clips) for the bolt release piece.

I found this pic on the net, but they are too big.

Looking for a good source for this. Need 1/8" diameter and .50" inside between the retaining head and the inside of the C-clip.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
1/8" headed clevis pin with groove or a grooved clevis pin

What you want is a 1/8" diameter, headed, grooved clevis pin with an effective length of 1/2". That will be very hard to find.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
coffee

I have never seen ones that small for sale at any of the fastener places. I know because I have looked and have had to make a few over the years for various jobs. 1/4 inch and bigger, no problem. But not 1/8th.

And yes, they are called grooved clevis pins.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
1/8" headed clevis pin with groove
Well, just found some from Misumi, but can't get my accounts activated.

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6481 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some of the earlier Rem triggers that had the bolt release inside the trigger guard had longer pins...check Gun Parts Corp. I dug around in my Rem trigger "bone yard" parts drawer and found some that were that long but closer to 3/32 dia. XP-100 triggers had a longer pin also(I seemed to recall, maybe, can't remember 'xacly)

Better to get rid of the Rem innards an use Jard parts anyway.

Luck beer

One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
IMO cir-clips are a better option, they need special pliers to open and insert into the groove although small sizes can be put on using just the thumbs on both hands to expand the clip onto end of the shaft and let it snap into the groove. All sizes available and are not dislodged like c-clips can be. However if the c-clip has not been removed and replaced too often they usually retain their spring and work okay.

Posts: 3907 | Location: Rolleston, Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
https://www.mcmaster.com/#clevis-pins/=1b1bmpo

well, not grooved -- buy em long, should take longer to grind the tool than to cut the groove

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39594 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eagle27:
IMO cir-clips are a better option, they need special pliers to open and insert into the groove although small sizes can be put on using just the thumbs on both hands to expand the clip onto end of the shaft and let it snap into the groove. All sizes available and are not dislodged like c-clips can be. However if the c-clip has not been removed and replaced too often they usually retain their spring and work okay.

THose are good, I have the special pliers.

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
got them ordered!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
AH,
Are you making a trigger just for YOU or are you making 600 triggers?
I happen to know a couple rifles that might benefit from better triggers.

Zeke

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZekeShikar:
AH,
Are you making a trigger just for YOU or are you making 600 triggers?
I happen to know a couple rifles that might benefit from better triggers.

Zeke

Adapting some parts from two different Timney triggers and an aftermarket bolt release kit.