Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ramrod340:
Here is MPIs quick reply:

Hi Paul,
The story is ( obviously ) totally false.
It is a very idiotic and silly and a bad joke.
It was manufactured by a guy named (I chose to leave the name out but If someone is interested I'm sure Doc would supply it), who did some very shoddy work for me long ago and is spreading false rumors about my company.
EVERY bit of work he did for me had to be done over completely.
I appreciate your inquiry.
I hope this helps to handle the rumor.
thanks
Doc
MPI Stocks

There are at least a couple of ways to read this response. One is to assume when Doc says "it was manufactured by..." that he is referring to the stock.

That is not the way I read it. I read it that Doc started off by saying "The story is obviously false." Then he is talking about the STORY AND THE PICTURE, not the stock, when he says "it (the story & pic) was manufactured by...".

And that is why I say that IF, for whatever motivation, a guy wants to bad mouth his former employer who canned him, it is not beyond reason to anticipate he can or did falsify the picture by using something like photoshop.

No conspiracy, no huge plot, just one sour bad ass creating another urban myth at someone else's expense. And maybe doing all he rest of us a considerable dis-service at the same time by misleading us.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote